PDA

View Full Version : How do people with anxiety cope with moving

almamatters
02-11-14, 17:51
I am so worried and stressed about my forthcoming house move. It's a long time since I did this and I really am unsure if I am going to manage. I keep reading stories about how stressful it is so how is it going to be for someone like me with GAD, HA , etc. I have been making a list of things to do, but how do I remember everything? I am waking up sweating with palpitations, it's getting to me so much. It's not the packing and furniture side that is the main issue it's the paperwork side, bills and letting people know I have moved that is causing me concern . I am full of so many "what if's" it is horrible. Thanks for listening.

gregcool
02-11-14, 18:56
Hi.well i know what you meen,iv moved 6 times in 19 months,sofa to sofa etc,but a week ago i moved into my own flat .it all needs decorating top to bottom,also iv now got things like....tv licence rent council tax gas ellectric and personal bills,iv never lived on my own and had to do all the admin side of things,im living out of bags all over the place at the moment ,,but im just getting on with it tho,,,,its not as bad as you think,you just cope,,good luck

almamatters
02-11-14, 19:01
Thanks for your reply, I want to take comfort from other people who have done it on here. It's the admin side that is really scaring me but like you say I suppose it's just a matter of coping. Well done to you sounds like you have been through a lot recently.

gregcool
02-11-14, 19:03
Thanks buddy.well im still hear lol,you will be fine,sit down and write down all your bills and outgoings and try to make sure you have money in your account to pay out,,dont get behind on things

almamatters
02-11-14, 19:06
Thanks I keep writing lists of things to do and am trying to be as organised as possible. I'm sure it is a stressful time for everyone but my anxiety will not let me be positive about moving , every little thing that can go wrong has gone wrong in my head. Thanks again.