PDA

View Full Version : What book are your reading?

CEG
02-11-14, 18:55
I love books, I love to read them, collect them and find useful info. Which book r u reading now?

For me I am reading The Power of NOW by Eckhart Tolle. Loving it so much. :D:D

IrishLondon
02-11-14, 19:02
I started to read the Goldfinch - i was enjoying it - but got about halfway because it was really long. I must start it again and it was a good read up until i stopped.

blue moon
03-11-14, 05:52
Of Mice and Men......John Steinbeck.:D

MyNameIsTerry
03-11-14, 08:00
The Doomsday Prophecy - Scott Mariani.

Hey Petra :flowers:

Dimplesxo
03-11-14, 18:13
Of Mice and Men......John Steinbeck.:D
I love that book. We studied it in school.

I'm reading The girl who kicked the hornets nest by Steig Larsson ATM.

johnno
03-11-14, 18:49
Lord of the flies and before that closer to shore.
If you're fascinated by sharks you will love 'closer to shore'. A well researched novel about the first documented shark attacks in America. It follows the journey of a rogue great white on the east coast, I think, of America and the mass hysteria it caused.

blue moon
04-11-14, 06:03
Hi johnno,here in Aus we have had lot of shark attacks recently I am staying closer to the shore..lol.I watched the movie Lord of the Flies very good.

Petra x:D

johnno
04-11-14, 07:23
Oh if I knew there was a movie, I would have watched that. Without sound too pretentious, I'm not that keen on Goldings writing style up to now.

---------- Post added at 07:23 ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 ----------

Do they not have preventative measures over there ?

MyNameIsTerry
04-11-14, 07:55
Yeah, Lord Of The Flies is old movie, I remember studying it in GCSE English Literature about 24 years ago. I think it was a black and white.

anthrokid
15-11-14, 23:36
My partner and I are currently reading The Wheel of Time series. I started reading WoT when I was younger and only got to book 6 over the course of a few years before getting lazy and stopping (even though the books were great). I started reading it with my partner this year (lie in bed and read the book out loud - lame or a whole new level of awesome?) and we are already up to book 5. So much more exciting than reading alone!

Catherine S
16-11-14, 00:59
I'm reading 'Dry, a memoir' by Augusten Burroughs. He went from a litre of Whiskey a day to zero, and although I didn't drink anywhere near that much, I was an everday evening drinker of spirits until some months ago. It was more a habit than anything but like any habit it was hard to give up and I still sometimes miss how good it made me feel, although I don't miss the hangovers. So this book is really inspirational and was recomended by Sue Perkins no less...she of the Bake Off series, in an interview recently.

ISB x