PDA

View Full Version : Panicking over sons school trip!!

Red angel
02-11-14, 22:55
My son Is supposed to be going on a school trip on Wednesday to a zoo and it's petrifying me to the point I'm really considering keeping him off I really don't want him to go I can't get out my head that he might get hurt or they might lose him I know if I let him go ill be panicking all day I don't really want to put myself through the torment but yet I don't want my son to miss out!! What can I do???

nomorepanic
02-11-14, 23:00
Let him go!

The worst thing you can do is put your worries onto your son and stop him having fun.

He will be perfectly safe.

Red angel
02-11-14, 23:06
I know I never let my son or daughter see much of my anxiety tey have seen me panic attack but I keep all the inner fears hidden from them I'm just so frightened to let him go my head is racing with all the different things that could happen to him the thought of not being with him being able to control the situation is really hard for me...my son is very hyperactive and can wonder off he is not danger aware at all so knowing I'm not there to protect him is frightening me so much I can't stop panicking I had a word with his teacher and said I wanted someone to hold his hand constantly why he's there but I wasn't convinced she understood my worries! X

nomorepanic
02-11-14, 23:13
You really do have to let kids grow up and have fun and learn about life without making them feel as though they can't.

He will not want a teacher holding his hand all the time but they are trained to watch the kids at all times

Red angel
02-11-14, 23:23
Yeah your right I just don't trust anyone else but me with my kids suffering with anxiety makes the world a whole different place I don't trust anyone or anything unless I'm in control of the situation. Maybe ill speak to his teachers again tomorrow as I don't want him to miss out but they really need to take what I'm saying seriously I have a genuine fear for my child's welfare not because I'm over reacting but I suffer with a mental illness that makes me this way ...thanks for the replies :-) ill hopefully get it sorted x

nomorepanic
02-11-14, 23:25
Good luck with it but please do let him go

Red angel
02-11-14, 23:29
I will...think it's makin me more anxious because its his first school trip ..thanks for the chat xx

venusbluejeans
03-11-14, 00:51
Heya, as I person who looks after children for a job I know how important school trips are for a child..

It gives them some independence being out without their parents and they are perfectly safe, schools have a hell of a lot of safety guidelines for school trips, counting them into places so they guarantee no child goes missing... they have to carry a full first aid kit by law and also when they are out of school they have a higher child - adult ratio.

School trips are a big part of school life and are a social event and one which is talked about in the playground the next day, if a child doesn't go on the school trip then they may feel a bit left out that all of their friends are talking about it. They will also do lots of activities at school about the trip they have been on too.

So let him go on the trip and try not to show any of your anxieties to him.

Emmz x

Ps. most parents go through what you are going through on the first school trip :)

Red angel
03-11-14, 09:34
Thanks I know he will be safe I work at the school so I know deep down he will be ok Ive paid for him to go this morning so he's defo going ill just have to keep my mind off it lol thanks for your help x

Brainwash
03-11-14, 09:51
hey!

I am pretty much in the same situation as you. My parents are going overseas tomorrow and I can't stop panicking. But deep down I know time will pass and these feelings will pass but i can't help feeling this way either. It truly is affecting me a lot.

Nevertheless, i have not shown this "anxiety" of my to my parents as I want them to have fun.

Let's stay strong together... time will pass soon enough... :hugs:

Red angel
03-11-14, 22:14
Hey brainwash it's awful ain't it constantly in fear of something awful happening and your not there to stop it ...it's something I struggle with everyday it's horrendous but I've learned to live with it just sometimes it gets so bad I can't cope with it. I suppose we have to keep some sort of positive thoughts to help us through nothing I've tried has worked as of yet tho I just sit and panic lol xx

Brainwash
04-11-14, 08:08
hey Red Angle,

Yeah it's very awful. I am gonna burst from anxiety as they are leaving tonight. I guess time will pass and this feeling will pass. So we really just got to ride through the feeling and wish for the best. I really want time to pass real quick. Not helping that I have a major assessment on thurs and Friday.

Sigh. Hope all is well. Let's stay strong even in times of despair....