PDA

View Full Version : Best medication for an over active mind?

jiffnon
03-11-14, 00:49
I've had an anxiety disorder for around four months now, and the thing that bothers me most is my mind's complete inability to shut off. It was never like this before. I always have a song looping in my head now, and I also experience random mind chatter that seems to run away with itself, particularly when I'm trying to get to sleep. I actually need to listen to music or podcasts when I go to bed now so I have something to focus on as I'm drifting off. On top of this, I also experience horrid intrusive thoughts that often feel very loud and distress me greatly.

I'm on my fourth week of Zoloft (50mg). It seemed to keep everything at bay for the first two weeks but the negative things I feared seem to be making a return. If you had any of these symptoms, what did you find to be the best medication? I've heard good things about Seroquel (aka Quetiapine) for this sort of thing, even though it's an antipsychotic not primarily used to treat anxiety.

MrAndy
03-11-14, 09:43
I've had an anxiety disorder for around four months now, and the thing that bothers me most is my mind's complete inability to shut off. It was never like this before. I always have a song looping in my head now, and I also experience random mind chatter that seems to run away with itself, particularly when I'm trying to get to sleep. I actually need to listen to music or podcasts when I go to bed now so I have something to focus on as I'm drifting off. On top of this, I also experience horrid intrusive thoughts that often feel very loud and distress me greatly.

I'm on my fourth week of Zoloft (50mg). It seemed to keep everything at bay for the first two weeks but the negative things I feared seem to be making a return. If you had any of these symptoms, what did you find to be the best medication? I've heard good things about Seroquel (aka Quetiapine) for this sort of thing, even though it's an antipsychotic not primarily used to treat anxiety.
olanzapine worked for me