PDA

View Full Version : daughters wedding

tricia56
03-11-14, 13:36
hi my daughter is getting married in 3wks and every time I think about it get really anxiouse and think i don't want to go, I should be happy about going but im so scared of going and all I keep thinking about is will I be able to do it, wat if im so anxiouse and have apanic attack in front of every one and make a fool of myself ive got to travel to get there sit in the church, the reception all thewat ifs go thro my mind, can anyone give me any advice why im like this and away I can do it thk u

Annie0904
03-11-14, 14:01
My daughter was married in September and I was just the same. My niece is agoraphobic so she was panicking too. She had never been more than a few miles form her home in years and had a journey of 7 hours to get to the wedding. Her daughter was bridesmaid. We both worried about having panic attacks especially since I had to sit at the front.
I was VERY nervous on the morning but I went and myself and my niece both enjoyed the day and it was a big achievement for us both.
I was too nervous to eat my meal at the reception but nobody noticed :) I just had little nibbles at it so it looked like I was eating.
Every time you think about the wedding think about yourself smiling and having a great time. It may help if you visit the venue before to see what it is like. Visualise yourself there seeing how happy your daughter will be. Every time you get anxious about it, think of the positives. I hope you all have a beautiful day, I am sure you will xx

MrAndy
03-11-14, 14:02
hi my daughter is getting married in 3wks and every time I think about it get really anxiouse and think i don't want to go, I should be happy about going but im so scared of going and all I keep thinking about is will I be able to do it, wat if im so anxiouse and have apanic attack in front of every one and make a fool of myself ive got to travel to get there sit in the church, the reception all thewat ifs go thro my mind, can anyone give me any advice why im like this and away I can do it thk uHi Trish
its normal to get anxious over such a big life event even for people who dont suffer from anxiety.I was best man at my brothers wedding last year and had to do a speech to 150 people ,my anxiety was through the roof but nothing compared to the feeling of joy I got once I had stood up and done it.Dont miss the wedding you will regret it forever,push through the anxiety go along and have a good time :)