PDA

View Full Version : right pupil bigger then left.

anxietyleigh
03-11-14, 16:41
So for a while now I have noticed that my right pupil is slightly larger then my left. Not by alot but certainly noticeable to me and others when I have asked.

I am currently in 10mg of citalopram recently dropped from 20mg.

I have informed me doctor of this at a review for my tablets and she just asked me to keep an eye on it ;) well at this month's review she her self noticed the size difference and called her senior doctor in for advice. They didn't seem to worried about it and said that it was probably the medication. Although the doctors don't seem to worried I am still panicked about it! Has anyone else had this and should I be worried?

Thankyou!!

Vigilante
03-11-14, 17:56
I have heard of this before, I think variations in pupil size can actually be normal, have you or have you not asked the dreaded dr google?, I assume they checked the pupil light reflex in both eyes too?

Carnation
03-11-14, 18:43
Hi AnxietyLeigh, I had this at the height of my Anxiety and I was not taking any medication. My Partner noticed it too.My eye was definitely bigger and it actually looked like one side of my face was bigger than the other and it was the right-hand side. It lasted a couple of weeks and then disappeared. I don't know why it happened, but I was experiencing head pain on that side, so it could be to do with that? Please don't Google, it will only frighten you. You are not going crazy, I had it, it passed and now I am fine. :)

anxietyleigh
03-11-14, 19:17
I did Google before I saw the doctor and as I'm sure you can guess it came up with the worst diagnosis. My doctor was pretty stumped at first and mentioned serotonin syndrome but the senior doc said as I was on such a low dose I shouldnt be worried as it is highly unlikely.

Nice to know others have experienced it and I am not alone. I constantly find my self looking at my eyes in the mirror aswell to see if it is happening!

Carnation
03-11-14, 19:28
I found one day it was there and the next it was gone, then it would come back and then it went completely. And, yes, I did the same as you, forever checking in the mirror. I came through, so will you. :)