PDA

View Full Version : Hi all!

Locag
03-11-14, 17:36
Hi all - I'm new to this so please be nice! I've suffered with anxiety for many years, but have pretty much 'suffered in silence' for the majority of the time, mainly due to never really being diagnosed or supported properly when anxiety really started becoming an issue for me about 20 years ago. I have a mixture of general anxiety, as well as specific panic in certain situations such as flying. My main symptoms are hyperventilation, feeling of choking, racing thoughts and catastrophic thinking, chest and nerve related pain, amongst others. I've dabbled with a few 'cures', such as antidepressants, cbt / counselling, hypnotherapy, self help books etc, some of which have been more useful than others.

The main reason why I've decided to join the site now is that while I feel that I've found ways of coping with anxiety that helps me get through the day - and sometimes I really wonder how I do get through - I think I'd really benefit from connecting with other people who have been / are going through the same as me. Also, I totally understand how lonely and frustrating anxiety can be, so I really want to be able to offer my advice and support as well. I look forward to hopefully being able to do this. :)

almamatters
03-11-14, 18:29
Hi :welcome: Hope you find this forum as helpful and supportive as I have.

stephy177
04-11-14, 17:26
hi, it seems im going through a lot of what your going through if you want to chat?

steph