PDA

View Full Version : Diazepam 5mg Before Promotion Board

EnoughAlready
04-11-14, 12:28
Hi People

I have been prescribed 6x5mg of Diazepam for anxiety and panic, I have a promotion board Thursday and I am getting extremely anxious as I have previously suffered from anxiety in the past

I am going to try it tomorrow as I can work from home, will I still be able to function properly at a board, I am thinking of snapping them in half and just trying a half at first. I am supposed to take them 3 times a day between now and Thursday but that seems abit much to me as I can control my anxiety right now even though its increasing as I get nearer

Any recommendations ?

AnxiousBaker
04-11-14, 18:52
Hi, i have taken diazepam a couple of hours before a job interview before. Also a first aid course i had to go on, it worked a treat. I got the job and passed first aid. You will be fine to take it one hour, two id say is best, before hand. I would try one though like you say just so you know how you feel. Whichever dose you decide, the full 5mg or 2.5mg youll be able to function just fine. Dont take one then drive though.

DOT COTTON
04-11-14, 19:30
how did you manage to get 5mg prescribed - I can only get 2mg these days

EnoughAlready
04-11-14, 22:33
first time and only 6 tabs Dotty

---------- Post added at 22:33 ---------- Previous post was at 22:13 ----------

thank you AB - as long as I do not have memory loss and do not sound hammered ;)

EnoughAlready
05-11-14, 19:52
took 2.5 mg's just under an hour ago but no change in me it seems - although I am not feeling too anxious yet - will tomorrow before the promo board

might take the other 2.5mg and see what happens

---------- Post added at 19:52 ---------- Previous post was at 19:18 ----------

got a few feelings now - feel knackered and slightly unsteady but not enough to be wavering around. As said I wasnt anxious at first so I dont know if this will be enough tomorrow to stop me getting panicky at interview, guess just take 2.5mg 1.5 hours before and roll with it. I do feel like my eyes have lowered abit like I am tired. I am assuming it would not be wise to take the other 2.5mg right now too see what happens

DOT COTTON
05-11-14, 23:54
All the best for your interview, I really hope it all works out well.

EnoughAlready
06-11-14, 11:43
Decided to take 2.5g plus another 1.75g. Feel anxious and very hot but not as anxious as usually would. Board at 1pm

AnxiousBaker
06-11-14, 13:57
How did it go?

EnoughAlready
06-11-14, 15:38
Was a breeze. And i passed and git the job. Thanks guys
Deffo think the meds helped. Im fortunate enough to be able to manage my anxiety without meds normally so thats them done. Having a weak pint of beer now in case it makes me pass out with the diazepam lol

AnxiousBaker
07-11-14, 09:45
Nice work!

DOT COTTON
09-11-14, 20:05
congrats :)

EnoughAlready
10-11-14, 23:17
thanks all. x

hopey
21-12-14, 11:50
enoughalready. Diaazepam Pleased to hear you got the job.. wonder how your manage your anxiety? that would be great hopey.