PDA

View Full Version : freaking out

Megs0203
04-11-14, 12:47
So yesterday I took my mum to see the nurse to have her burn redressed. It was a big shock, as the burn actually looked 10x worse than it did last week and she's now been refered to the burns unit :( anyway, during her appointment I started to feel really hot, so went and sat down and took my jacket off. Next thing I know my vision had gone completely black and I couldn't see anything. My ears felt really sensitive and my whole body was sweating and pins and needles. I've never had an attack like this where it leads to me not being able to see! I was so close to getting myself back to 'normal' with the help of my cbt, but now I feel I've taken a step backwards, as I find myself in fear of my sight going again! And that it was more than just a panic attack!

Has anyone else had anything like this before?

Thanks in advance

penguinbop
18-11-14, 22:16
Ive experienced similar, I would almost black out, be so dizzy and feel so sick and it was so intense I coudn't believe it was panic, but it must have been. Under stress the body does all sorts of crazy things and can sort of shut down for a bit.