PDA

View Full Version : Breast clinic third time now :( Please answer!

lily1
04-11-14, 13:05
Could someone give me any support please?

I went to my doctor recently for a change I noticed, looks like dimpling or stretch makes under my breast when I lift my arm.

I also have nodular parts but I have always had this.

I am scared again, I only had a mammogram last year and the year before and all was okay and now this! Another mammogram and more worry :(

I am so tired if keep finding things wrong, I just want to have a mastectomy as it is ruining my life but they will only do this for people with a strong family history etc.

Catherine S
04-11-14, 13:53
Hi lily. Well two things you said stand out, the fact that you've had clear 2 mammograms and that there is no family history of breast cancer. I think your doctor is just taking the usual precautions and remember that stretch marks and dimpling are also signs of a normal breast too.

ISB x

Ruby13
04-11-14, 13:55
Thanks for your PM. I know how scary it is, but sure all will be well and that it is just a precaution. Message me any time x

lily1
04-11-14, 14:04
Hi lily. Well two things you said stand out, the fact that you've had clear 2 mammograms and that there is no family history of breast cancer. I think your doctor is just taking the usual precautions and remember that stretch marks and dimpling are also signs of a normal breast too.

ISB x

Thank you! I didn't know that dimpling could be a benign sign as when you goggle it it always ends up on c forums saying that is what I have! :( It's odd because in strong light you barely see anything just a line like a stretch mark just in indirect light that casts a shadowy dip that looks like a indentation.

---------- Post added at 14:04 ---------- Previous post was at 14:04 ----------

Thanks for your PM. I know how scary it is, but sure all will be well and that it is just a precaution. Message me any time x

Thank youx