PDA

View Full Version : fighting it ...

stars22
04-11-14, 15:58
On the 18th I've booked myself in for help ! I'm proud but it seems so far away iv been fighting with my panic attacks if I panic about my heart I tell myself I'm fine,the other day I was on the phone to somebody I was talking so well I was super confident and felt human then I remember I started to panic and cut the conversation off !!! That let me down and iv come back to full blown panic /anxiety and now I'm a social and health anxiety once again but one thing I have accepted it's all in my head has anybody accepted panic/anxiety before with any tips to keep it at a level where you can cope ?

Brunette
04-11-14, 20:28
Acceptance is something you just have to practice (the very opposite of "fighting it" by the way).

The more you can let a panic attack just happen and subside on it's own - no trying to distract yourself, no running away, just standing your ground - the quicker you will recover afterwards. You need to keep thinkng to yourself ,"It's a panic attack, so what?" Gradually the panic attacks themselves will subside, they can't sustain themselves with nothing to feed on.

stars22
11-11-14, 21:13
Thanks its helping :) still a week until appointment