PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety is worse after eating?

Modestaustin811
04-11-14, 21:46
Does anyone else experience this?

I've suffered from bad anxiety for 8 years now, there have been good times and bad times, but I feel like I know this beast very well. I always find after eating a meal my anxiety increases, I feel agitated, restless, but this feels physical. I also get very fatigued sometimes, like I just want to lie down and nap.

I've tried a many of things. I've been tested for diabetes with both a fasting, and non fasting blood test. I don't have it, though I've never got my blood taken when i've had one of these episodes.

I've tried not eating gluten, going on a very restricted diet, but it doesn't help, and I lose way too much weight, that I'm trying to build back up right now.

I feel like body reacts to food somehow, maybe it's hypoglycaemia of some sort? I'm not sure, just curious to see if anyone else feels this way. I also get reflux, but these feelings feel unrelated to that. It's more than just thought based anxiety because it feels like a physical reaction to food. Maybe I'm just more intuned with my body so I notice these changes?

Carbs definitely effect me the most, but like I said when I stop eating them I lose a lot of weight, and I'm starting to gain a bit now and I'm more comfortable with my body.

Who else gets these feelings?
Modify message
Bookmark and Share

IrishLondon
04-11-14, 22:17
Hi mate

When I first got anxiety 5 years ago, it was always worse after eating. I didn't know it was anxiety then so was absolutely sure there was something wrong with me. About thirty minutes after eating Id get nauseous, light-headed and a massive drop in energy. I'd have to go to bed and it got to the point that I hated the thought of eating. I changed my diet too, reading so much on the web and stopping different food groups...all that made my anxiety even greater. Eventually after many tests and when I started sleeping badly my docs convinced me it was anxiety. It's a horrible effect of anxiety but it did disappear when I started to believe it was anxiety and allowed the doc to treat me for it. Hang in there mate.