PDA

View Full Version : so many twitches, so many worries

John_Daryl
04-11-14, 23:19
They're becoming a real worry for me now, they're all over my body, legs, arms, lats, face... its so worrying.
I also have a bout of nausea on the odd days and head pressure.
Really can't get tumour thoughts out of my mind at all... what the $")! is going on at all..

Fishmanpa
04-11-14, 23:35
Daryl,

Everything you speak of is on this list. The key to treating the symptoms is to treat the illness.

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/symptoms

Positive thoughts

John_Daryl
04-11-14, 23:37
but they are persistent all day every day.... twitches on and off even when im not worrying.

Frankie123
04-11-14, 23:41
Have you been to see your GP and explain symptoms. He will be able to run tests to reassure you that nothing is wrong. Make an appointment for your own peace of mind.

John_Daryl
04-11-14, 23:46
ye iv been and he said hes not even thinking of brain tumour so i shouldnt be (after explaining that I have a little nausea, head fullness, eyes tested, no headaches, no extreme tiredness)

im going for blood tests thursday but I just can't get the idea that its the worst thing in the world. Its what I have always done.

I feel like im a bit of a nuisance on this forum at times as I do re-post alot, but this is my issue at the moment and I am extremely grateful to those who do help me out and provide some support to me.

Fishmanpa
04-11-14, 23:50
Think of anxiety like an oven. When your anxiety is in full blown mode, the oven is set on broil. Once you're done cooking, it takes a while for the oven to cool down. That's why, even when you're not feeling anxious, you can have symptoms.

While going to your doctor may alleviate your worry in the short term, it's quite evidenced on these boards that reassurance is short lived. Treat the real illness and you treat the symptoms it causes. It's up to you.

Good luck and positive thoughts

CleverLittleViper
04-11-14, 23:59
If it was a tumour, I'd imagine there'd be a lot more severe symptoms way before twitches, if twitches are even a sign of a tumour.

My Uncle passed away from a BT in March. His first symptom that forced him to go to the Dr? His right hand clawed, and he couldn't use it. Obviously, every case is different, but I can imagine that most BTs are diagnosed because of something rather severe like seizures, and stuff.

If your doctor is not worried, then neither should you be. What you have sounds like classic anxiety. And yes, you can still experience symptoms of it even when you're not consciously anxious because subconsciously, you are. The fact that you jumped from muscle twitches (which in most cases are perfectly normal, benign things everyone has) to tumour is indicative of your anxiety.

I've been there, done it. Had doctors tell me repeatedly nothing was wrong aside from my anxiety, and refused to believe them. I was so convinced I had something else, and I do have my moments (re: days) when I go back there again.

Don't ever feel like a nuisance. Most, if not all of us (I hold my hands up to being a nuisance too), have been there or are there right now, and have done the same thing. I know I've posted and re-posted about my fears repeatedly. The idea of this forum is support-the fact that you chose to post here and not on a tumour forum suggests that somewhere, you know what is causing these symptoms.

I, too, have put up with muscle twitches and head pressure (a tip-hot showers/swimming works wonders) and many more as a result of my anxiety. Muscle twitches can be caused by BFS-benign fasciculation syndrome-as the name suggests it's a perfectly benign thing, and is exacerbated/brought on by stress/anxiety.

Nothing you've posted thus far sounds out of place in anxiety. Get your bloodwork done, but I suggest that you listen to your doctor, and trust him. Don't do what I did, and spend your time worrying that they're wrong. It's a waste of time.

IrishLondon
05-11-14, 00:12
Great post Viper. And very true when you say that everyone who posts here are doing well...better to be anxious and here than anxious and on some other forum.

jonjones
05-11-14, 10:47
Hey,

these twitches are due to built up tension in your muscles, to release the tension the muscles twitch.

You are over-releasing adrenaline into your blood stream which travels to your muscles. This makes them tense, and then you add tension ontop of this tension. If you went to the gym and lifted some heavy weights your muscles may twitch afterwards also as youve been working them hard.

Try to take deep breaths and let them happen. The more you ense against them the more they will twitch. Let yourself feel heavy, take deep slow breaths and sag.

The twitches will never hurt you. Take comfort in the fact that it is just tension and adrenaline acting together!

Best,

Jon

John_Daryl
05-11-14, 13:13
Hmmm... does twitching being on both sides make it less likely to be a tumour aswell? As iv read left side is controlled by the right side of the brain and the right side of the body is controlled by the left side of the brain....

missleelee6982
05-11-14, 13:51
I had twitching, and when I say twitching I mean twitching lol , it started in my calf then moved to my arm then my body , I twitched all over , for days and days on end, I was so scared to go to the doctors for a fear of something so bad that I just put up with the fear , then my mother took me to the doctors to put my mind at rest , guess what there was nothing wrong with me , the doctor explained that the more you focus on it the more you will feel it , do not google that will make you worse , since I went to the doctors I have only ever felt one twitch , this was over a month ago now, stop focusing on them and they will go away , with HA we can feel things in our bodys a lot more so just chill take your mind off of them and they will get better x

CleverLittleViper
05-11-14, 14:00
Generally, yes, twitches on both sides of the body would rule out BTs, and other diseases.

BTs symptoms are generally localised to one side of the body. My Uncle had the clawing right hand, but his left hand was fine. Things like that because different parts of the brain control different parts of the body.

Relax. Accept the sensation, but do not feed it. Most people in the world get twitches, for all kinds of benign reasons, and some for no reason at all. But because you're in an anxious state, you're hyper sensitive to these normal bodily sensations.

missleelee6982
05-11-14, 14:17
I have been a avid googler in the past , and I have never herd twitching as a BT symptom, you need to calm yourself down hun other wise you will keep feeding the twithes x

John_Daryl
06-11-14, 11:53
I get hundreds of them everyday that's what I find most worrying

MrAndy
06-11-14, 15:06
ive had muscle twitches for two years now although they have calmed down quite a lot recently,im still alive so you shouldnt worry about them they are only a side effect of anxiety

John_Daryl
06-11-14, 17:35
It doesnt feel as though having them so often is a natural occrance though

---------- Post added at 17:35 ---------- Previous post was at 17:18 ----------

Like people talk of having them in their calf's or leg. I have them in my feet, calf, quad, bicep, forearm, face and back... Wtf

MrAndy
06-11-14, 19:38
It doesnt feel as though having them so often is a natural occrance though

---------- Post added at 17:35 ---------- Previous post was at 17:18 ----------

Like people talk of having them in their calf's or leg. I have them in my feet, calf, quad, bicep, forearm, face and back... Wtf

So did I ,learn to accept them and they will fade.fight them and they get worse

John_Daryl
07-11-14, 11:25
Blood tests have just been taken
... Now for a long disgusting wait that will make me even more nervous now

KayeS
08-11-14, 14:30
The last few months I've been having the same things. I've had a brain MRI which came back normal and I'm having a muscle test on Monday where they stick needles into my muscles to test the nerve impulses... it worries me a lot and I suffer from SEVERE anxiety over it. I get twitches all over... all day... every day. Left foot. right calf... left thumb... right eye... right arm...

It's like that all the time. Might be something... and it might be nothing. I'm almost certain my anxiety makes it worse. I reckon your blood tests will be fine dude. My tests probably will be as well but like you, I can't help but worry. It sucks...

wcb123
08-11-14, 21:59
I have GAD and GERD. I was given something called 'Buscopan' for a short while, i think its supposed to relax muscles and is used to treat IBS aswell (which i think i might also have as a result of Anxiety).

Anyhoos this drug sorted me out whilst i was taking it, took away all stomach cramps and the twitches which i got on both sides of my body, chest, stomach, legs, arms etc.

They do sell it behind the counter but maybe ask your gp about it. I haven't gone back yet but when i do i need to tell them how successful it was in my case and stopped almost all symptoms.