PDA

View Full Version : Avoiding/ ignoring is this part of HA

lily1
05-11-14, 14:54
The fear has got so bad for me regarding BC and is ruining my life that I have now started to think about trying to ignore all together.

Is this part of HA?

I find the monthly breast checks petrifying in case I find something again :( that I just feel like just burying my head in the sand now as I just want to enjoy life and I've started to think if it's too late then so be it as the constant checks are driving me insane!

Living in a bubble for want of a better word.....

wnsos
05-11-14, 15:23
It's absolutely part of HA. Some people check too much, others avoid checking just in case. All par of the course. The ideal is to find a perfect medium, and this is what CBT is for.

lily1
05-11-14, 16:01
It's absolutely part of HA. Some people check too much, others avoid checking just in case. All par of the course. The ideal is to find a perfect medium, and this is what CBT is for.

Thank you, I have had CBT but it hasn't worked for me unfortunately. I'm still convinced I haven't got HA!lol

wnsos
05-11-14, 18:52
That's why then! ;) If you're asking if it's HA and you're on a HA board, you must have some suspicion.

But I do empathise because I'm stuck between the two places too, I don't know to over check or to ignore.