PDA

View Full Version : Rejoined gym today

Minstrel Memories
05-11-14, 16:10
Hi everyone

This morning I felt a recurrence of some of my anxiety symptoms which I won't bore you with.It was a bit disappointing as I have had a few good days recently. It does seem to happen if I have nothing planned for the day and I just sit and dwell on my thoughts - not good

Anyway as I had a free day I decided to rejoin my local gym. I haven't been for about 9 months due to my anxiety just couldn't face it. Went down and all the old afternoon gang were there (a bit like Last of the Summer wine) had 30 mins in the gym then sauna,jacuzzi and swim. Afterwards after a bit of craic with the lads I drove home with an afternoon sun shining on a crisp Autumn day and felt a great deal better

I've tried medication and therapy but for me they didn't work I've got to be doing something not sat thinking about my symptoms which is when I go into a decline. Maybe even posting on this forum is not a good idea but as I have said before NMP has without doubt helped me.

Just some random thoughts on my day

Regards to all

---------- Post added at 16:10 ---------- Previous post was at 16:07 ----------

Sorry I think I posted this in the wrong section of the forum

MrAndy
05-11-14, 20:54
Keep doing the right things even if it's hard work and you will overcome the anxiety.Anxiety hasn't stopped me doing anything in life only made it uncomfortable,over time it loses its power and you win
Keep up the good work

Minstrel Memories
06-11-14, 11:37
Hi MrAndy

When I get through this and I surely will it will be due in no small measure to the help I have received on this forum and in particularly to you MrAndy and Hanshan two people I have never met for their continued advice,encouragement and support.

Thanks a lot

Magic
06-11-14, 13:51
Well Done MM :)

hanshan
12-11-14, 05:37
Hi Minstrel Memories,

There may be blips - everyone has them - but you definitely seem to be heading in the right direction. Just the fact that you can not only face the gym but enjoy and benefit from it sounds good.

jefferina
12-11-14, 14:48
Well done really good news... Exercise does really help... I really should get exercising myself... Think I will go for a walk later after reading this xx

hanshan
22-11-14, 07:57
Hi Minstrel Memories,

You haven't posted in a while. I'm hoping that this means that things are going well. (Always remembering that there can be negative blips along the way to recovery),

Minstrel Memories
22-11-14, 15:24
Hi Hanshan

Thanks for the message.Yes things have been improving I'm managing my symptoms much better,not dwelling on them and accepting them, it seems to work for me

The other thing as I've said before and possibly the main thing is keeping busy and trying to have a new purpose in life, different but still a purpose.My charity work is proving very rewarding particularly my work with the one that deals with homelessness,alcohol and drug abuse. Christmas time can be a very challenging time for a lot of people and I am helping run a drop in centre a couple of days a week.

I have also been asked by a friend of mine who is a member of the local council to join a committee to organise a country fair and music festival next summer.this will involve me in a great deal work but I am looking forward to it Should be fun and my kids want me to get involved so I've no choice really!!

I've also booked a family holiday in the sun just after Christmas by way of a thank you to them for all I've put them through in the last 18 months

As you can see I have quite a bit on so it is helping although I do have days when I struggle a bit but I think I am making progress

Sorry for the long post

Thanks for contacting me

Kind regards

MrAndy
22-11-14, 18:25
It's great to hear your doing well,it gives others on here hope to read your story

Minstrel Memories
23-11-14, 09:52
Thanks MrAndy for your continued support and and encouragement