PDA

View Full Version : Is it really all in my head

scaredgirl86
05-11-14, 17:00
I've been given great advice on here, and i'm doing everything that was told to me, but people are really just mean.I went into a restaurant the other day and as soon as i went in a girl behind the register was just staring at me in a way that was nasty and there were tons of people in there but for some reason i'm some foreign creature never seen before. I try to to feel good but no matter what people have a problem with me and i don't even want to go out anymore. I don't know what to do why does the world find me hideous?

.Poppy.
05-11-14, 21:33
Unless you live in the meanest place in the world, I really do think it's all in your head.

I'm sorry you feel this way. I know there are times when I feel like I'm being judged and it's a hard feeling to ignore.

Maybe you need to think about what you want to do to change up your image or give yourself more confidence. Do you need a new wardrobe (or a few new pieces)? Or maybe you feel like you need a new haircut. It could be something as simple as painting your nails or experimenting with makeup. There's nothing wrong with you - but you may be surprised to find that changing things up a bit can give you a brand new mindset.

Best wishes.

Tessar
06-11-14, 22:25
Scaredgirl, it's difficult to keep up with you as have so many different threads going. I'm trying to help you..... But you need to give it time. You can't turn everything around just like that. Please be kinder to yourself, rather than constantly look at or inside yourself for bad, please look at the good things.
Labelling yourself with words such as hideous is not going to help you. Hideous is not a nice word at all and I doubt very, very much if you are that in the slightest. Quite the opposite in fact.
Tslking yourself down day after day and focusing so much on the negatives is not helping. Instead, replace the unkind words you are using. Be more positive about yourself.
You re worth it.
How about.... When you next find yourself doing it, you STOP.
Recognise what you are doing to yourself, give yourself a break.
Come back here (this thread) and talk about it.
Perhaps we can help you to break the habit, because that is ... A habit that can be changed.

jonjones
08-11-14, 15:42
Hi Teaser,

I think youre suffering a little from paranoia! Your thoughts seem to be running racing away. The problem is that you are scared of your thoughts.

Im not saynig that you should magically like your thoghts, but the emotion of fear that you feel when you have them is what is sustaining them. Stop trying to block out your thoughts, let them be in your head but dont give them any importance, it is giving them importance which causs the emotional rection, instead see them as emotional fatigue and a tired body working hand in hand!

Say to yourself when you think them ¨oh its just another silly thought, you can stay n my head as much as you want¨Then they will come less often until finally they stop altogether!

Jon

Randomthinker
09-11-14, 21:38
I have felt like this on occasions where I went to a place and I felt bad vibes from someone or as though they are staring. The fact is, some people DO do this and it can feel very uncomfortable. I am with you on this one, although probably not aimed at you, specifically but if bitchy enough to judge you, they are probably doing it with many others, too. Some people are just this way. Maybe bored in their job and comment on people coming in an out. I would have felt just as uncomfortable.

jonjones
13-11-14, 08:43
Most of it is paranoia though.

Just focus on coping with yourself. Dont give a rats a$% if other people are looking at you. And even if they are it´s prob just cause you look attractive or cool etc.

Anyway, dont watse energy on things like this. Try to deal with letting go of yourself, and sagging your shoulders, arms, chest, and floating!

Best,

Jon