PDA

View Full Version : breathing in firework smoke

Nathan92
05-11-14, 20:27
SO I've been setting off some fireworks - maybe 30-40 in total, breathing in some of the crap which lingers for a few minutes.

come in the house to settle down and I'm coughing up clear mucus (I have a cold already so this is normal) anyways, the mucus is full of black stuff, like not BLACK BLACK but theres bits of black all over and now I'm worried.

pretty sure its okay, being soot or stuff, no other ill effects bar the tight chest (but I have asthma) which doesn't help the situation either.

any help / advice would be great!

stressing :(

---------- Post added at 20:27 ---------- Previous post was at 19:52 ----------

---

trying to read up on it - as I keep coughing more up (no other ill effects)

that I might have heavy metal poisoning -.- from all the toxins :(

someone shoot me now.. OR take my inet off me :(

Fishmanpa
05-11-14, 20:30
So... how old are you? How long have you been breathing the air? How many times have you sat in traffic breathing fumes? Gotten some smoke in your eyes and lungs from a campfire? Smoked in your life? etc.....

You're still here right? Nuff said... (and NO what if's!!) and the only heavy metal poising you'll get is from listening to music, not fireworks!

Positive thoughts

.Poppy.
05-11-14, 21:03
Ick. You won't get metal poisoning, but I walked through a heavy fireworks cloud last 4th of July and I got a nasty sore throat that night and the day after. No fun :(

You no doubt inhaled/swallowed some stuff, but that's what mucus and coughing is for. It's your body's way of clearing out all that junk - you'll be fine.

Sunflower2
05-11-14, 21:20
Have you ever been in a nightclub where they fire smoke everywhere? That's probably not much different, definitely smells similar!

MyNameIsTerry
06-11-14, 03:34
They wouldn't be allowed to sell them in the UK without warnings if it could be harmful so don't worry about it. As others have said, we are exposed to far worse everyday.