PDA

View Full Version : hiv question!

lildude6666
05-11-14, 23:27
if my last hiv risk was around 4 years ago and i have only just taken a rapid hiv test would that be considered conclusive and would i need another test. The reason i ask is i suffer with alot of anxiety and mental health problems. My result came back as non reactive which meant no antibodies for hiv were found meaning negative. I keep looking online and i worry if i hadnt had enough time to develop antibodies even though it had been 4 years. I really do think it is my anxiety , i also noticed my groin lymph nodes seemed to be up but checked with my doctor and he said everything felt fine(if i keep poking them can that irritate them and make them worse?) My groin nodes have felt the same for the past few years, i have asked 2 different doctors and they said it was nothing. Can i truly believe my negative test result and move on. I really want to :)

eeesh
05-11-14, 23:35
The tests are never wrong. Honestly, there is no way in hell you will have HIV.

You've had the tests - which are conclusive after 3 months - now you can move on.

lior
05-11-14, 23:39
4 years is definitely enough to develop antibodies! I think 6 months is enough time to develop them - one of my friends had to have a second HIV text 6 months later to check, so that's how I know.

You are all clear! :)

Also I have no idea what groin nodes are. Maybe if they have felt the same for a few years, that means that this is their normal state. You only need to think about it if they ever change.

I have a blue mole on my leg. I freaked out about it over time, but when I showed it to my doctor and said it had been there for the past few years, they said that it's only bad if it changes.

So it's changes you need to look out for. And even then, you only really need to go in if they don't change back within a few days. Relax :)

CleverLittleViper
06-11-14, 11:08
After suspected exposure to HIV, the recommended wait time for tests is 6 months, however, most people can be cleared within the three month mark, but they do like to do another test at 6 months to be sure.

After 4 years, something would have definitely showed up. There is absolutely no such thing as a false negative. So, if the test was negative, it is because you are negative.

:yahoo:

Your nodes can be swollen due to many things-routine infections, stress, even if you prod them enough they can swell. If that concerns you, go to your GP and get them to take a look.

You do not have HIV, so its pointless even thinking of it.

stu78
06-11-14, 11:40
In the UK,modern hiv testing is three months after last exposure,I had one at one month and then went back 2 months after that and they where both negative.The 6 month window is old news I think.I have had a major hiv anxiety so read up on it again again,the best site is the avert site,which is a uk hiv site and they state after three months and it is negative you do not have hiv as the tests are that advanced now.Buy no matter what you deffo do not have hiv,I have felt a node on my neck,and I still panic i have hiv,bit them I think well I have been tested in the correct time frame so I don't,