PDA

View Full Version : Panic Attack

Rael
06-11-14, 10:12
Having a panic attack this morning, finding it difficult to deal with. Very bad swirling/tense feeling in my stomach, and I always start to worry that it might be my heart. Should I call the doc or the No Panic help line which runs from 10am to 10pm. Trying to do the deep breathing exercise which is supposed to help. Cant call my own GP again, only saw her yesterday, and what would anyone say if I were to call, only tell me that i'm having a panic attack !!

Have taken a 2mg diazapam, and it seems to have helped, easing of a bit now i'm typing this message. God I hate panic attacks.

Warm Regards

Rael

AnxietyDJ
11-11-14, 04:13
Sorry to hear you went through that - I often get the feeling that something is going on with my heart, but ultimately all attacks will fade with time if you can sit and relax and just let it wash over you - almost embracing it in a way. Nothing bad will happen - the logical part of our brain knows this, but it is still scary none the less.

Fingers crossed you can stay attack free for a while now :)

James1983
12-11-14, 15:33
i'm having trouble relaxing at the moment constant anxiety since about 1pm this afternoon, big panic attack. scared! i can relate to what you went through a few days last week. How are you now?