PDA

View Full Version : Nervous wreck

Danny45
06-11-14, 18:50
Can't even leave the house most days, mind is a mess, to many problems to deal with

IrishLondon
06-11-14, 21:26
Sorry to hear that Danny. Why don't you tell us a few more details about what's going on? I've found writing helps and there are lots of great people on here who will give you good advice.

Danny45
07-11-14, 14:44
Well, my problems are not normal per say, I was born with a disability spina bifida which left me doubley in continent, wore nappies till I was aged 14, was bullied or maybe a better word made a complete outcast because of it, my father rejected and my mother has been in denial all her life, in fact they never supported me and emotinaly abused me, saying stuff like, you will never be a man, use my disability as an excuse, better of dead ect, think I have had to much trauma in my life basically

louboo
08-11-14, 13:12
This post annoyed me, as a mother of two my eldest having medical problems, she attend one of the best childrens hospitals in london but i coulf never treat her an outcast, both my children are my world, I can't begin to imagine how that must be for you, if you ever need a chat feel free to message me

jonjones
08-11-14, 15:32
Hi Danny,

I sympathize deeply with your misfortunes! I think youre very strong and brave and you should give yourself credit for being so!

What symptoms of anxiety do you have? Like palpitations, tension, feelings of unreality etc etc?

If you tell me then maybe I can help you! I have learned a lot about anxiety from reading and have came very far myself, although I am still on my own journey to recovery!

I no longer suffer from agoraphobia for example. I remember when my legs used to shake when I went outside, it was absolutely horrible. I felt like there was something wrong with me! I used to come home drenched in sweat.

I have now overcome the agoraphobia and have even managed to travel to the other side of the world and live in China for a year!

Take care!

Jon

Danny45
08-11-14, 16:21
Just can't talk to anyone, guess you could say just fear, my emotions are always all over the place, can't relax from the minute I get up, I think I may have bdp, but I have seen a therapist a few times and he says there's nothing wrong with me, it's every body else, eg social condition ect, I don't know, I can't remember the last time I was genuinely happy

jonjones
08-11-14, 16:47
Hi Danny,

I think that you are very emtionally fatigued. Your emotions and your thoughts are out of sync. Try to do something where you can lose yourself in the moment, like reading a book, watching a movie or whatever you find interesting etc.

And whenever you think of something depressing, let the thought be there and try to relax, dont get involved with the thought. Usually the thought is a question, and its a question we cant answer. Like ¨why did this happen etc?¨ It just leads us astray getting involved with them. Try putting your mind into neutral and let the thought be there!

Jon

Danny45
08-11-14, 17:27
Yes I know what u mean, it's just all to much for me to deal with, I have always been taken advantage of in friendships, eg narsitic people, I just feel like people have enough problems being a normal human being and that in the end everyone's just looking out for them selfis, even if it means taking advantage of other people, I have been the victim of sum pretty bad bullying called a no life loser on social media by some one who was supposed to be a close life time friend, it's like one rule for them another for me, I know disability has a stigma but this is something else, how am I supposed to function when ppl hold me to diffrent standards to every one else, it's like am an outcast and there's nothing I can do

jonjones
08-11-14, 18:06
Hi Danny,

the people who you have met and who have treated you in this way are not worth even thinking about. I think you can move forward and start a good life for yourself.

You can become the best self you can be and be the real you who you are. The only problem is that for the moment this real amazing you is clouded in anxiety and depression.

If I were you Id start reading Dr Claire Weekes books, and often. This will give you the understanding you need in order to come out of your anxiety state!

Have you ever read any of her books?

Jon

Danny45
08-11-14, 18:21
Hi thanks Jon, no I haven't, where can I find them

jonjones
09-11-14, 14:56
Hi Danny,

She has several books and audios. They all contain essential information which will help you.

I recommend you start off by read ¨Self-help for your nerves¨!

You can buy it here on Amazon, http://www.amazon.co.uk/Self-Help-Your-Nerves-overcoming/dp/0722531559/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1415544828&sr=1-1

This book literally changed my life. I had been on medication, going to counselling, but they weren´t working. But this book helped give me the understanding that I needed!

Best,

Jon

DeepBlue
28-11-14, 20:19
Tell you what Danny, my issues are nothing compared to what you have been going through all your life. For parents to treat their own children in that way is just unbelievable and my heart goes out to you. Wish you all the very best on your journey Danny.