PDA

View Full Version : Cancer fear again

oldnews
06-11-14, 19:08
Ok so iv had a good couple of days despite still having stomach pain but my mind has been occupied, all until last night i went to go to the toilet and went really shivery and feverish, sat on toilet and had this huge hot rush. I'm feeling very lightheaded today and dizzy. Legs are like jelly. Iv now got stomach pain again. This time it's a stabbing throbbing pain under my belly button and higher up. The pain never stays in one place and sometimes it burns. It's been happening since I gave birth 12 weeks ago when the anxiety started. I'm unsure whether anxiety can cause this type of pain. I now it can do a lot to ur stomach but I thought it was just sickness and butterflies. Has anyone ever had this type of pain down to anxiety ?? I keep calming myself down but the pain comes back every day mostly on a night time. It's been constant

wnsos
06-11-14, 19:46
It's not just sickness and butterflies. I similarly struggle with my stomach and really made myself worse in the beginning by not being able to realise just what anxiety can do to our bodies. Especially our guts. My GP says most of my symptoms are down to it and it's hard to accept but it's definitely possible and highly probable. Read into the brain/gut connection, it's kinda fascinating! I still have a lot of strange stomach problems and many fears, but I'm choosing to trust in the healthcare professionals. Plus I bet having a baby is a massive change for your body! I have no experience in that area but I'd imagine it's related. (Not a DR though, have you seen one? Don't remember.)

I've had the shivery/feverish/hot rush thing a few times. Before my HA, I didn't think twice about it, now it completely takes over. Anxiety can definitely cause stomach/gut pains and problems, but if you want to be sure and haven't been checked, see a doc.

oldnews
06-11-14, 19:52
Hmm i suppose my question is can you get ibs from the after effects of birth. I'm always constipated never the other way around

wnsos
06-11-14, 20:13
Not sure about that, but I'd imagine it's possible with making room for a baby inside! The pain could be because of the constipation. I get really bad pains when I'm constipated. I dunno if it helps any but I asked doctor google about pregnancy/ibs and apparently it can have an impact.