PDA

View Full Version : Do I go back to the doctor? Really in a stress about this.

GirlAfraid23
06-11-14, 21:22
Hello again you good people.

I've got itching tonight, really starting to irritate. It seems to come on worse at night time.

I know it's one of the symptoms of lymphoma - generalised itching of the skin.

Yes, I am aware I'm obsessing but I can't stop! My anxiety levels are very high. I've been touching my neck today, even though I told myself I wouldn't. The gland is still swollen :( I asked my mum to feel it, she said it feels the same as hers but even the doctor said it was swollen when I went a few days ago.

Do I go back to the GP next week? If it is a lymphoma I would rather get it sorted sooner than later.

---------- Post added at 21:22 ---------- Previous post was at 20:19 ----------

Anybody out there? :(

Annie0904
06-11-14, 21:32
You said you saw the doctor a few days ago...what did the doctor say about the itching?

GirlAfraid23
06-11-14, 21:36
I didn't tell her about the itching as it wasn't there then :(
But the swollen glands are still present...they feel bigger than 1cm to me, hard and immovable but she didn't seem to think it was...I might go back next week for a second opinion, what do you think?

eeesh
06-11-14, 21:37
Your itching will almost certainly be psychological and a result of the anxiety. That is very common.

Honestly, I am just as worried about this as you are. I've now got all panicky that I may have HIV and that that has caused my nodes to swell. Had some more than risky encounters but all have been protected.

Had unprotected sex mid June but was tested 90 days afterwards and it came back negative. Still I've convinced myself that either that test was wrong and I have HIV or I have lymphoma.

Not a good place to be.

Keep me posted about how you are getting on. If you need someone to talk to drop me a PM.

I suggest you give it a month and see if anything progresses. Let's just say you do have lymphoma - it progresses slowly, and one month would not affect your prognosis. Give it a month and see how the nodes seem then. Try not to play with them.

IrishLondon
06-11-14, 21:38
I had itching all over about 6 months ago - i just couldn't get my head around it. But it started to go away once I gave into it and stopped worrying about it. I'm sure yours is anxiety too.

Annie0904
06-11-14, 22:52
If the doctor wasn't concerned about the glands then I wouldn't be either. If the itching has just started it could be an allergic reaction to something. A few weeks I had really itchy skin, it lasted about a week then stopped. Have you changed washing powder or anything?

GirlAfraid23
07-11-14, 09:02
Guys major panic alert...on my way to work but last night I woke up with night sweats again...my chest and back of my neck were damp.
I know this is a symptom of lymphoma...Its too late to get an appointment this week but should I get one on Monday?

---------- Post added at 09:02 ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 ----------

:( what should I do people?

The sweating is always start or middle of the night - never in the morning when I wake up. Usually my chest and back of my neck.

.Poppy.
07-11-14, 13:51
If you think that mentioning your concerns to your doctor will make you feel better, then yes, go back in.

However, do not get caught up in the cycle. If your doctor says you are fine, trust him/her. Don't start thinking s/he missed something, because that thinking is absolutely toxic. As hard as it may be, believe your doctor :)

Your symptoms can be caused by a lot of things. It's getting colder which means the air is drying out which will cause increased itching. Night sweats can be a symptom of stress or a symptom of having too many blankets on your bed or the heat set too high. And I've got lymph nodes that have been "up" for over 10 years with no issues....the doc ran tests and all was fine and frankly, if they were dangerous I'd have worse symptoms by this point.

Best wishes, and I hope you get to feeling better!

Annie0904
07-11-14, 15:08
Night sweats are not uncommon at all and can occur if you have been unwell or feeling run down or stressed.

Hi1994
07-11-14, 16:24
Hello again you good people.

I've got itching tonight, really starting to irritate. It seems to come on worse at night time.

I know it's one of the symptoms of lymphoma - generalised itching of the skin.

Yes, I am aware I'm obsessing but I can't stop! My anxiety levels are very high. I've been touching my neck today, even though I told myself I wouldn't. The gland is still swollen :( I asked my mum to feel it, she said it feels the same as hers but even the doctor said it was swollen when I went a few days ago.

Do I go back to the GP next week? If it is a lymphoma I would rather get it sorted sooner than later.

---------- Post added at 21:22 ---------- Previous post was at 20:19 ----------

Anybody out there? :(

Girl, I can really help you. I went though the same thing, two years ago. It started off with a swollen lymph node under my jaw. And then, I started getting itchy. It was an awful itchy. Like, I can't even explain to you how awful it was but there was no sign of anything on my skin! I went to the doctor about it and it was a viral infection. Apparently those can show up this way. It took TWO months to go away, yeah, two whole months. Two years later, I am alive (haha) and the gland that was swollen is still the same size. According to my doctor, anything under 2cm is under normal range. So, don't worry. And some lympth nodes, they never go down! They become scarred. :)

crinkle
07-11-14, 22:50
OMG I'm like your twin. I. Here I bed and freaking out. See my other post a swell about lymph node. I think I can feel a lump and have seen it move too but two doctors said that they cannot feel any Swollen nodes. I also have been feign itchy all over since and now think I have a kinda blood spot on my leg. I think I may have had it but not sure and of course I looked it up and it showed symptom of what I was fearing. I don't know if there is really something wrong g with me of I'm slowly going crazy. Maybe we can he each other through.