PDA

View Full Version : Does Symptoms wait around before a full blown attack? SCARED!!!

JustBenn
06-11-14, 23:15
I'm scared to go to work tomorrow, please help.

When I fainted for the first time on Sept 1st, and shook, the docs reassured me it wasn't a seizure, and it wasn't Epilepsy.

Since then, I have experienced, Deja Vu, tingling hands, waking up scared,

However, for the last 4-5 days or so, I have been feeling like I'm moving when I'm not, when I'm standing, it feels like i'm going to stumble, and feels like i'm on a boat and the ground feels soft.

Only happens when Stand still or, walk slow, around the house, but not really when I'm walking outside,

I haven't fainted since the 1st of Sept,

Could this be a delayed symptom that is waiting around until an actual seizure happens?

Is this a warning?

eeesh
06-11-14, 23:18
No you're just incredibly paranoid.

I would feel unsettled as well after fainting. But I can also easily imagine myself checking for the initial feelings of fainting, and then anticipating them. Anyone with HA recognises the fact that we spot check ourselves for symptoms very regularly, and then manifest more through the anxiety itself which reignites a viscious circle of anxiety--> symptom --> anxiety --> symptom --> anxiety etc etc.

That you need to be walking around the house slowly to notice anything suggest that you are concentrating on feeling something. The brain is very good at tricking itself into feeling something it isn't.

JustBenn
06-11-14, 23:30
No you're just incredibly paranoid.

I would feel unsettled as well after fainting. But I can also easily imagine myself checking for the initial feelings of fainting, and then anticipating them. Anyone with HA recognises the fact that we spot check ourselves for symptoms very regularly, and then manifest more through the anxiety itself which reignites a viscious circle of anxiety--> symptom --> anxiety --> symptom --> anxiety etc etc.

That you need to be walking around the house slowly to notice anything suggest that you are concentrating on feeling something. The brain is very good at tricking itself into feeling something it isn't.

Thanks for answering, :)
Just worried, I start my new job tomorrow, and would be standing a lot, I'm scared that I will lose my balance and fall on the floor.

Abarth
07-11-14, 00:56
Hey there, you'll be fine I'm sure. Your mind is simply retreading what you previously went through, looking for a reason to perpetuate your anxiety. It's a natural reaction, but one that needs to be recognised as just that. I slipped a disc 6 weeks back; really quite shocking pain. Ever since I have scared to even attempt any kind of extended movement and jolting myself into a state of anxiety whenever I over extend, for fear of relapse. The reality is that my fear has now overtaken that which I am afraid of!!! Truth is that if I become any more sedentary, I probably will injure myself!! Don't over think it, you will just fuel your fear.
As I said, all will be good I'm sure.

anthrokid
08-11-14, 23:22
No, I don't think these are 'warning' signs of epilepsy at all. Sounds more like derealisation/depersonalisation symptoms associated with anxiety. And of course you're naturally a little anxious about starting the new job, which is exacerbated by your health anxiety interpreting normal sensations into false warnings. You won't lose your balance at work and fall on the floor. And if you do, is it really that bad? They'll just call an ambulance/doctor and you'll get checked out.