PDA

View Full Version : Coming to terms with heart-anxiety

TheMusicGuy6
06-11-14, 23:24
I've posted up twice already about worries about my heart; panicking that I have heart issues, etc.

I since visited my GP and she said all the symptoms i proposed to her (racing heart, occasional chest pains, light head, feeling of doom!), all sound anxiety based. For peace of mind she instructed i had an ECG and blood tests.
On Monday i had my ECG completed, the nurse assured me that i really shouldn't be there considering I'm 21 and otherwise healthy, as i should have nothing to worry about. She said i would be expecting a call within the next 4 house if there was anything wrong with me or issues with the ECG, but 4 days later, i haven't had any calls, so I am assuming it's all okay!

I've started reading the Claire Weekes book, recommended by 2 very helpful fellow posters on the threads, and it's working a treat!

The reason I am posting this is to firstly show my appreciation to the help around me on these forums :yesyes: thanks!
And secondly, to help people overcome the fear that they suffer from heart problems. I've since thought about it and came to the conclusion that, surely it would be very coincidental that you who suffers from anxiety, that is prone to all these symptoms (heart racing, chest pain, tingling hands, sore throat, etc), would be suffering from a heart issue? Of course it can still happen, but my best advice to people is, lets not worry until our doctors give us something to worry about?

Thanks to everyone for their help so far, it's really appreciated! :bighug1:

seansavage17
08-11-14, 14:53
I'd love to take your information on board but I think my worries are pretty deep routed and I actually get ectopic/skipped beat feelings that happen every single day now... You get these too or is it just racing and anxiousness?

I started the Claire Weekes but I don't think I gave it enough chance

TheMusicGuy6
09-11-14, 01:43
You can turn these thoughts around so quickly. I notice I still get racing heart, palps, etc. but I'm managing then a bit better compared to how I used to.
I remember I would stop and take my heart rate because I thought something was wrong. Then the palpitations I was getting after that, was because I was waiting for them to happen and my head was switched on waiting for them.
It's a circle, symptom>panic about it>more noticeable symptom.....

How long have you had these symptoms for?

trus75
10-11-14, 10:35
I'd love to take your information on board but I think my worries are pretty deep routed and I actually get ectopic/skipped beat feelings that happen every single day now... You get these too or is it just racing and anxiousness?

I started the Claire Weekes but I don't think I gave it enough chance

It's ironic that I had a series of panic attacks about 15 years ago, then I lived 15 years with skipped beats everyday and I didn't give a **** about it, Now I started having panic attacks again and skipped beats at same time, and I don't think the skipped beats made any difference. I think you need to treat the main source of your problems, which is anxiety, and then you won't even feel them (of if you feel, you will just ignore).

robertg
17-11-14, 21:31
I've posted up twice already about worries about my heart; panicking that I have heart issues, etc.

I since visited my GP and she said all the symptoms i proposed to her (racing heart, occasional chest pains, light head, feeling of doom!), all sound anxiety based. For peace of mind she instructed i had an ECG and blood tests.
On Monday i had my ECG completed, the nurse assured me that i really shouldn't be there considering I'm 21 and otherwise healthy, as i should have nothing to worry about. She said i would be expecting a call within the next 4 house if there was anything wrong with me or issues with the ECG, but 4 days later, i haven't had any calls, so I am assuming it's all okay!

I've started reading the Claire Weekes book, recommended by 2 very helpful fellow posters on the threads, and it's working a treat!

The reason I am posting this is to firstly show my appreciation to the help around me on these forums :yesyes: thanks!
And secondly, to help people overcome the fear that they suffer from heart problems. I've since thought about it and came to the conclusion that, surely it would be very coincidental that you who suffers from anxiety, that is prone to all these symptoms (heart racing, chest pain, tingling hands, sore throat, etc), would be suffering from a heart issue? Of course it can still happen, but my best advice to people is, lets not worry until our doctors give us something to worry about?

Thanks to everyone for their help so far, it's really appreciated! :bighug1:

Sounds Like you have overcome your anxiety. Congratulations. Just a heads up though. I had the same exact problem and felt great after the tests were done and nothing was wrong. About 7 months later the problem came back with worse symptoms. I was rushed to hospital to still find out its anxiety. My point being don't forget that YOUR OK. I am trying to come to terms with my own advice now.

Live life to the fullest my friend,
Robert G.