PDA

View Full Version : New here need some advice.

Lgb26
07-11-14, 07:30
Hi everyone,
I'm currently having a tough time of it, at the minute I think I either have pancreatic cancer or testicular cancer, the symptoms I have are pain in ribs left side pain at front of ribs on left pulsing of that area and pain radiating around my hip and nausea a lot of the time with dizziness, also have an ache in my groin and from left side of my testicle upto bottom of ab left side, neck ache swollen node on left side of neck and earache. The problem is I'v been to see the gp 4 times a&e 2 times and I'v had a private health assessment with bupa, blood work 3 times urine test 2 times all came back clear, plus I'v been to the std clinic where the doc found a cyst and I'v had second third and fourth opinions and they all said it was a cyst because it doesn't feel like it's even on the testicle. I feel so lost because this all started from a tension headache that I panicked over. And rushed to a&e via ambulance, currently I am taking lansoprazole for stomach been bad, also on erythromycin for what the sti clinic thought I had epydidmo orchitis. Any advice welcome I have my 1st cbt session tonight but as I think I'm ill unsure it will help. Sorry for putting all this up just needed a release.

Mindknot
07-11-14, 12:00
You've had a lot of medical opinions, and it's therefore safe to say you are not in any kind of emergency situation. Your CBT is what, an hour long tonight? Even if you were ill, I'm sure you could spare an hour to sit down and have a chat with someone who understands the way that you are feeling right now - it will do you way more good than spending that hour fretting about not being able to make the most of CBT, or even seeking a diagnosis on this forum (none of us are medical, we are all anxious though!).

Give it a go tonight, you can do it! :D

Lgb26
07-11-14, 12:43
Thanks for the reply I'v rationalised now I'v spoken to a doctor who I saw at my private health assessment and she said I need to stop googling and that she's never seen anyone at my age 26 with pancreatic cancer, although I am aching in both kidney areas especially left side today but that could be anything haha, anxiety eh who'd have it?!!

wnsos
07-11-14, 12:55
Hiya, lg. Welcome. I've had stomach pain where you described but on my right side for about three months now (whoa where's time gone??) and also neck/shoulder ache and nerve pain that's been on and off. (More on than off.) You sound just like many of us. I was really lost when this journey all started, it's so hard to realise what anxiety can do to our bodies. So hard. I don't think I'd wish health anxiety on anyone, except sometimes I find myself wishing I would wish and then feeling bad about it.

It all started with a twitch in my tummy that turned out to be my pulse/my bowel playing up, and I can't even begin to list the things I've been worried about. (Even having a blip today but trying not to think about it.) And the whole kidney thing I so identify with! When I ended up at the hospital I remember describing the pain in my kidney area but turns out I was just really uh, backed up. (Have since learned Omeprazole to be the initial cause of my constipation and I think the initial symptoms even started because of stress + the fact I took immodium even though I don't have d, to stop myself going to the loo. Stupid me.)

Anyway definitely stop googling, it's the first step on a long journey but it's an essential one. :hugs:

Mindknot
07-11-14, 15:13
Yeah, try and stay off Google - sometimes the Internet is helpful, sometimes it's a hinderence, best to listen to the pros i.e. the doctors & your therapist. I think you will feel much better once you've go the counselling going, good luck - we are all pretty much in similar boats here on this forum, so stick around and let us know how you get on! :welcome:

Lgb26
07-11-14, 17:30
Just got back from therapy which felt good was a little teary throughout but got through things that have been a problem, work been the big thing and to have next week off work, also the health problems she said go see the doctor Monday and ask for referral for a scan to put my mind at ease about that, but the burning sensation which is coming from my left kidney is still there and just eaten and feeling nauseous hoping it will subside And trying not to think about it, but from now on think of the positives and wake up everyday with a purpose. Cheers for the comments earlier really helped guys