PDA

View Full Version : Fuzzy/Dizzy /Light head for months - scared

williamandmax
07-11-14, 09:50
Hi
Havent had a good year at all and im really worried about symptoms ive had for at least 6 or so months now.

I posted earlier this year – had two members of family die late last year which affected me badly. Couple of months later (after not getting much sleep each night and feeling tired and worn out) I had an episode where I got up quickly the one morning and had a very bad dizzy attack – everything was spinning really badly.

Went straight to the doctors who said it wasn’t anything to worry about. No ear problems either. Did have some bloods done and fairly high blood sugar but nothing else.

After this I started to get panic attacks and also noticied I started to have an almost permanent feeling of not dizziness but fuzzy/light headidness..almost as if I was walking on a swaying boat…not acute but enough to be on my mind all of the time.

Back to docs after these panic attacks and they said I should maybe have therapy and prescribed some drugs for anxiety – I didn’t want to take these though and so didn’t.

A few nights ago I was very tired, went to bed but got woken up an hour later by our puppy..got up and wham…felt like I was walking on a boat again, but this time it was acute…scary.

I am terrified there is something wrong with me – I am constantly worried, especially at work – every time im walking I think im swaying and its horrible – its sucking the life out of me and its making me depressed. I cannot face anything like meetings etc as I think im going to be swaying everywhere and pass out.

If I hold my hands out on desk they are both trembling. I feel constantly tired as my sleep is broken quite a lot due to our lovely little puppy.

Yesterday I had to go to the printers for a query and as I was walking across the shop floor I felt my legs turned to lead and they were difficult to move…sounds crazy.

I’ve made another appointment with my doctor but im worried that he is just going to say..nothing to worry about. Its taken over my lfe. I cant remember a day when I wasn’t worried about this, its horrible.

My wife just thinks its tiredness – but I don’t – it shouldn’t make you feel permantly fuzzy headed and as if you are walking on a swaying boat. I cant remember the last time I felt normal.

Does any have any advice please?....has anyone been through something like this?
Thanks

kdf123
07-11-14, 17:16
I know exactly how you feel I have had it on and off for nearly 8 years,what I find is that if I keep busy and tell myself that it really is just anxiety the symptoms do go ,also read some posts on here about dizziness,I am sure this will help to reassure you! Take care

kam1909
07-11-14, 22:46
I have been experiencing a similar thing since May this year. I don't know if you would also describe your symptoms as feeling 'spaced out'? I always feel like I am in a constant daydream and find it hard to focus for any length of time.

Whilst Googling last night I came across a link on here from a number of years ago in the Health Anxiety section by Leedsmeister which has some good feedback, so I am going to see how it goes. Unfortunately I can't post the link on here as I have a post count of less than 10.

Deanosbeano
07-11-14, 23:35
They mirror symptoms I had a few month back when I first started with my panic attacks
Having been on several self help courses I now understand it to be an inherant genetic respinse we all have , linked to fight or flight and how the mind and body reacts when we sense danger or worry
The solution is breathing retraining and problem solving amongst many other tools , its a hard road make no mistake about it but its rewarding and can be overcome

Google Dr jim white and Glasgow steps , there are downloads audio and visual that aided my recocery immensely , dont let the fact that Stress is the headline in the sites thats because of the synptoms being similar but causes may differ

Hope that helps as much as it helped me through some very low times ( I managed without medication because I understood the causes and signs )

Found the link

http://glasgowspcmh.org.uk/downloads/audio

williamandmax
11-11-14, 19:30
Hi,

Many thanks for your replies. I thought I'd wait until going to the docs before I posted again. Pretty much what I expected at doctors really...I saw a young trainee which I wasn't happy about really..he did usual neuro and balance tests..said everything was ok.

When I explanied about constant slight dizziness when walking thing he said he'd not come cross this before with regards to stress..but he said he hadn't been doing the job that long!

He did prescribe a something for anxiety.

So I really still don't have an answer..the symptoms are definitely real and are really getting me down. As many on here I'm sure have found..im still worried..it seems to be with me for good and this is having a huge impact on my life.
Max

stars22
11-11-14, 21:05
Hey i had exactly what you describe some days I cant walk at all of im stressed because it becomes to intense got told anxiety/vertigo

kdf123
11-11-14, 22:27
I honestly know how you feel ,had this on and off for over 8 years , please believe it is stress/anxiety,keep busy and the symptoms do start to fade .take care

jennielouises
28-11-14, 11:59
Know how you feel. Been feeling lightheaded and dizzy since June. Been to the doctors several times and nothing is wrong with me. I am starting to think it is anxiety as well as currently on the road to recovery from a bad patch of anxiety.

For me when the doctors were telling me it was anxiety I felt like they were telling me it wasn't real and that I was making it up. I noticed you said 'these symptoms are real'. They are real. Even if they are caused by anxiety/stress. It is still a real response. Which I could offer advise on how to get passed them but in the same boat. Hope you feel better soon.

expecto patronum
03-12-14, 18:32
Hi William, I had this back in 2006, and I felt awful for around 6 months. I came on here a couple of months in and got some really helpful support. People told me they had had it and had eventually stopped fearing it and then it stopped upsetting them and then it started to go away. I didn't believe that this would ever be true for me as I was depressed at the time, but gradually it did start to seem less overwhelming and I started to enjoy life again, and eventually it went after maybe a few months of accepting it.
I'm not sure I'm expressing myself that well here, what I'm trying to say is I've been where you are now, I thought I would never get away from it, but believe me it will go in time.

julia
05-12-14, 12:31
Hi look at my posts I've had exactly this for years I am very anaemic but I think mainly anxiety sending hugs your way x I also have awful eye anx sensitive to light,bright colours,stripes,spots,flashy awful

misslove
08-12-14, 04:15
Im going to suggest to go through your cupboards and looks for fake sugars. aspartame is a killer and it can wreak havoc on your body. I was taking sugar free Metamucil and a few days into it I was getting very dizzy and light headed. As day after I stopped taking it I stopped getting dizzy. not sure if this will help anyone but Ive read a million places about the hazards of the fake sweetners and what they can do to your brain and body. best of luck!

wcb123
01-06-15, 11:37
Interesting. I have had exactly this for at least 2 years, it has got progressively worse and my eye's are also blurry and sensitive to light. Eachtime the head/eye things begin i also get a strong salty taste in my mouth which worries me to no end as i start thinking its liver failure or something.

Its worrying because i have only had these head symptoms after coming off citalopram (which i was on for 2 months for grieving two years ago). I could swear the citalopram has given me brain damage to some degree.

I also drink a ton of diet coke, although here in the uk it doesnt contain asparteme.

Sympathies to everyone who has this aswell, it can be debilitating on days.

Daniele_T
01-06-15, 17:54
Just got a massive dizzy spell today....I've been very anxious over the weekend...went to work..did the whole day..drive home and got out of the car...went to open the door and BLAM!!!

Nearly fell over with the bosh of dizzyness...also got a funny taste in my mouth. Took a deep breath and got inside.

Then was in panic mode for a few hours at least checking blood pressure and expecting a stroke or something and fearing my heart is failing.
It's absolutely horrible.

Please tell me you get these spikes of dizzyness and not just the feeling light headed a bit.
Not that I want anyone else to suffer it but I hope it's a common thing that we just see too much into.

feelthelove
01-06-15, 18:37
I lightheaded most days but i notice when i am busy i don't notice it. I've been to the doctors many times, im due there tomorrow for check up as my GP is wonderful and has been the best help this past 8 months than in my entire life .

It is anxiety because i have a few things going on in my life right now lost my cousin last month and two close friends all within 3 weeks of each other so it really stressed me out .

Libra
02-06-15, 13:49
What did it feel like Daniele ? ..Ive had all kinds of weird dizzies..from lightheads to falling feeling to lurching sideways, ground moving under feet...etc..Ive found a few things associated...sinus congestion, stress, muscle tension

Daniele_T
02-06-15, 15:57
Hi Libra,
I get light headed often and I'm ok with that usually..
This is a kinda out of the blue second of intense dizziness.
My head buzzes like a tuning fork hit it and everything sways back to normal quickly.
I sometimes get the funny taste in my mouth ...possibly adrenaline...and then feel light headed for a while after.
it's like a dizzy shock or jolt.

Scares me because it's random and more so I guess because I wonder what the hell it is....as it happens all the usual rush through my head...heart failure, stroke, visions of ending up in hospital etc.
but all this is additional.

Basically....an intense buzzing for a second or two that makes me very disoriented and dizzy.

Libra
02-06-15, 17:01
Im sure ive read on posts on this site about buzzing sensation with intense dizziness. Mine have been like a pressure,fullness one side or other of my head and neck,shoulders tighten at same time..

IrishMonkey92
25-09-16, 09:54
Hi
Havent had a good year at all and im really worried about symptoms ive had for at least 6 or so months now.

I posted earlier this year – had two members of family die late last year which affected me badly. Couple of months later (after not getting much sleep each night and feeling tired and worn out) I had an episode where I got up quickly the one morning and had a very bad dizzy attack – everything was spinning really badly.

Went straight to the doctors who said it wasn’t anything to worry about. No ear problems either. Did have some bloods done and fairly high blood sugar but nothing else.

After this I started to get panic attacks and also noticied I started to have an almost permanent feeling of not dizziness but fuzzy/light headidness..almost as if I was walking on a swaying boat…not acute but enough to be on my mind all of the time.

Back to docs after these panic attacks and they said I should maybe have therapy and prescribed some drugs for anxiety – I didn’t want to take these though and so didn’t.

A few nights ago I was very tired, went to bed but got woken up an hour later by our puppy..got up and wham…felt like I was walking on a boat again, but this time it was acute…scary.

I am terrified there is something wrong with me – I am constantly worried, especially at work – every time im walking I think im swaying and its horrible – its sucking the life out of me and its making me depressed. I cannot face anything like meetings etc as I think im going to be swaying everywhere and pass out.

If I hold my hands out on desk they are both trembling. I feel constantly tired as my sleep is broken quite a lot due to our lovely little puppy.

Yesterday I had to go to the printers for a query and as I was walking across the shop floor I felt my legs turned to lead and they were difficult to move…sounds crazy.

I’ve made another appointment with my doctor but im worried that he is just going to say..nothing to worry about. Its taken over my lfe. I cant remember a day when I wasn’t worried about this, its horrible.

My wife just thinks its tiredness – but I don’t – it shouldn’t make you feel permantly fuzzy headed and as if you are walking on a swaying boat. I cant remember the last time I felt normal.

Does any have any advice please?....has anyone been through something like this?
Thanks

Did this ever go away for you?

January 24th I woke up still drunk from a night out. I then had a panic attack after a health scare (blood on the toilet).

Went to A&E to get checked out, all is fine. However whilst waiting in A&E I felt really nauseous and felt like I was swaying on a boat.

It went away shortly after the ordeal but then came back 2 days later.

For the past 8 months have had this dizziness/swaying on a boat feeling/feeling like I'm in a dream or that everything is surreal.