PDA

View Full Version : Hopeless. :(

Rls1994
07-11-14, 21:20
I don't have any purpose in life, nor does anybody seem interested in me, so what's the point? Every time I get my hopes up, they're shattered. Every. Single. Time.

Sick of it. Sick of the fact that no one seems to understand either.

I mean, what am I supposed to do?

chickpea
07-11-14, 21:40
You sound like you're going through a tough time.
Has something particular happened today, or is it more general?

I'm hardly what you call an extrovert and have been treated badly by people I considered friends recently - actually cheated by them - but I've come to realize that 's THEIR problem, not mine; it says everything about who they are and nothing about me.
I will admit, it's only since having school-age children that I've properly understood this - when my children complain about other kid's behaviour towards them, it is very easy to see through the nonsense.

Be kind to yourself - tomorrow is a new day. :hugs:

unspoken
10-11-14, 19:04
Hello. Have you been unemployed for a while? It is very demoralising having to constantly apply for jobs and being rejected and having too much free time to think and a lot of people end up depressed. Have you tried any volunteering or getting involved in other activities to try to build your self esteem?

Feel free to PM me if you want to chat, I was out of work when I first joined this site (nearly 5 years ago) and I've been unemployed on two separate occasions in the past year for about a month each time. In terms of getting work, I've found signing up to all the temp agencies and telling them you're willing to try anything for minimum wage or above to be successful, but having said that, most of them ignored me and it's only one locally based agency that helped me find work.