PDA

View Full Version : Room spinning had to grab couch!!

Petesy
07-11-14, 22:34
Hi Everyone

I was sitting watching TV having a laugh with my partner next thing this horrendous dizziness came over me sitting on the couch the whole living room span round and I grabbed the couch and yelled out my partner got as much of a fright as i did screaming what's wrong! i scrambled for the nearest window for fresh air my partner sat behind me worried now I'm shaking up by this my head feels weird fuzzy, strange sensations like something is touching the top of my head...

I've had to grab the worktop before amongst other things walls, fence etc... But nothing quite like this, i'm really freaked out right now!!

Has anyone had a similar experience if so could you please share :scared15:

Thank you

---------- Post added at 22:34 ---------- Previous post was at 22:32 ----------

Sudden bouts of extreme dizziness, i don't even know whether to call it dizziness tbh, i'm actually sitting on the floor incase I collapse.

Annie0904
07-11-14, 22:46
I get this quite a lot but I have low blood pressure so put it down to that. It is also a symptom of anxiety.

Petesy
07-11-14, 22:51
Thanks Annie

It's frightened the s#*t out of me, to the point were i'm actually sitting on the floor with these weird sensations on the top of my head feels like someone is patting my head ever so slightly, i know that sounds stupid but it's the only way I can explain it atm

---------- Post added at 22:51 ---------- Previous post was at 22:50 ----------

I had my pneumonia jab today i've been fine all day surely it can't be that can it?

IrishLondon
07-11-14, 22:52
Hi mate

When my anxiety first struck, I would get those dizzy feelings where I felt i had to grab hold of something. Weird sensations are all part of anxiety - including that feeling you are getting on your head. I know it's easier said than done but just try to go with it and don't fight against it. That's what i'm trying to do tonight and seems to be working!

Petesy
07-11-14, 22:58
Thanks Irishlondon

It's horrible i'm sitting on the floor trying to get a grip but the sensation is still there, i've also had something similar before were i've been outside and grabbed a fence because of it, but the full living room span round like i was on a fairground ride,..

Thanks for your replies btw

I really appreciate it

IrishLondon
07-11-14, 23:08
No worries man. Keep posting here if it helps you as the anxiety passes. I find it helps me.

Ryan

Petesy
07-11-14, 23:11
Yeah I find it does too Ryan, just shook up by it and trying too let it pass without it bringing on an attack

Peter

Libra
08-11-14, 10:19
Ive been going through this off/on for 2 weeks.Had it twice before in 15 years..When I sit up in bed first thing in morning its a feel of falling through space. Wears off through the day. I know its scarey but it causes the adrenaline to start flowing and makes the feeling worse I find.

Retsgard
08-11-14, 10:45
I used to get it now and again, it really used to fire up the panic attacks with the sudden rush of adrenaline! I still get the odd 'balance blip' but it passes in seconds.

Petesy
08-11-14, 16:28
Hi libra

Thanks for your reply

Yeah i've also had it in the morning and it wears off also, but I've been having poor sleep pattern, don't know if this and all the stress on top of it has something to do with it

Petesy

---------- Post added at 16:28 ---------- Previous post was at 16:23 ----------

Hi retsgard

Thanks for your reply

Yeah it certainly fired up an attack last night, I even think my fiancee was ready for a panic attack because of me, horrible feeling, those balance blips you mentioned I get them when walking outside and sometimes I think I'm walking as if i'm drunk (I don't drink) but they pass aswell, i have my g.p on Thursday for ultrasound results so I'm going to speak to him about it.

Thanks again

Petesy

Retsgard
08-11-14, 17:26
I had tests at hospital and it's a 'central problem' just one of those things.

Libra
08-11-14, 19:24
Petesy, I also was having very poor sleep for months before it happened.I felt worn down.do you find the vertigo starts if you lean left or right?does it happen if your trapezius shoulder muscles are tense?