PDA

View Full Version : cant inale into left lung properly

blox123
08-11-14, 13:06
hi, i haven't visited no more panic for a very long time. I had severe health anxiety which dissapeared when i got pregnant with my daughter who is now 13 months! So in total i had 22 happy none panicky months and now it is back. Whilst i worked in a nursery i injured my back picking up the children, it caused a pain in my left shoulder blade, and just in my left side of the back muscles. Well after leaving it made my back less painful but ive been experiencing a feeling of not being able to fully inhale into my left lung... It is very frustrating and have had this for around 2 years!!! now im worried i have a swollen node on my chest/near the lung or some kind of growth. Apart from a bit of pain when i try to stretch my back i have no other symptoms, has anyone else experienced this? X

PanchoGoz
08-11-14, 20:58
You should speak to a doctor about it first if you haven't done so already.

MyNameIsTerry
09-11-14, 02:40
Yes, see a GP as Pancho says.

The fact you have had it 2 years with no advancement of symptoms is encouraging because surely anything of as a serious nature would get worse?

There is a possibility it could be some scar tissue if you tore a muscle and maybe this is causing some uncomfortable aches when you expand your lungs but you really a GP for this so they can examine the area and take an xray if needed.

Another possibility is a hernia. People can have these for a long time without any real problems or symptoms. Some hernias can cause issues with the diaphram so that you feel them when breathing but this doesn't mean its anything that serious.

Can you breathe ok? No obstruction or shortness of breath? If this is all fine, thats a very good sign because whatever it is is not causing you any real issues, its just uncomfortable in certain circumstances, and any breathing difficulties I'm sure would have had you down your GP's by now.