PDA

View Full Version : Head pressure, eye problems

ChrisMayo
08-11-14, 13:24
Hello,

I haven't posted on here for ages, which I guess is good, but currently going through some head problems and a little concerned.

Yesterday when I was out shopping I felt a shooting zap pain in my head and went very light headed, then I had a pressure like headache in my head and kept feeling like I was going to black out.

I went to A&E and they asked me a bunch of questions, checked my eyes and she said it was most likely down to stress and that nothing pointed towards anything serious.

Today I still have the feeling of pressure in my head and neck, not quite a headache, just very uncomfortable.

Also my left eye is having trouble focusing. I'm currently taking eye drops which have blurriness as a temporary side effect but this seems to be sticking around.

I've recently had a full eye exam, blood pressure checked, urine, etc etc and had general blood tests about a month ago and everything has been normal.

Just a bit concerned about my head and eyes, as the sudden zapping pain was horrible.

Anyone been through similar?

I'm going to stop the eye drops for now and see if my eye feels more normal. I already suffer from Visual Snow and have a slight astigmatism in my eye, so that could be causing the blurriness

Any thoughts?

Sorry for the waffle!

I'm probably going to go to my Dr next week if I'm still having problems.

Thanks
Chris x

Liziik
08-11-14, 15:19
Hello
Just thought I would write and let you know I have had the head zapping feeling my doctor also said it was stress. The pain can shoot from anywhere and really hurts. Also the pressure feeling can be a headache. You can have silent headachea which aren't painful as such but you have these weird feelings in your head. Also now you have noticed the zapping thing your head maybe more sensitive to any 'odd' feeling. As fr the eye thing your taking eye drops which causes bluriness. Sounds like you answered your own question :)

Lozzianne
08-11-14, 15:52
I'm also having weird head problems at the moment. I've had headaches for a month and went to the doctors twice, she looked in my eyes both times and said everything looks fine. Then I had blood tests and they came back more or less normal. But I still feel like my right eye isn't quite right - it seems blurry but only very slightly. I also have astigmatism. I'm thinking maybe I've worked myself up so much about the headaches, that I'm creating problems that aren't really there. I'm sure you can relate to that!

ChrisMayo
08-11-14, 16:41
Thanks both for the replies.

The eye drops only give blurriness for a few minutes apparently, but it's lasted all day so far. It's slightly better, and it's only looking at text on a computer, so it could be the headache just making my eyes sensitive.

I'll stop the drops and see how I get on tomorrow without them.

Yes definitely Lozz, I can't relax when I have a headache, especially when new symptoms cause them or crop up. Reassuring to be told it's not anything serious I suppose, but it's still frustrating to live with and deal with.

I'll see how I am tonight and tomorrow and probably try and see my Dr on Monday.

Just be nice to be able to go out and feel normal and healthy for a change!

MM
09-11-14, 22:24
do you get migraines by any chance? Just wondering cause I had something kinda like this + visual disturbances that ended up being a migraine which is no big deal. Hope you're feeling better!