PDA

View Full Version : Confidence is Growing

jonjones
08-11-14, 15:14
Hey Guys,

I have suffered from anxiety for nearly 20 years. Social anxiety was my main area of suffering, being very shy and feeling awkward, it has been horrible. Whats made it worse is that I am an extroverted guy, so I have felt extremely inhibted by my anxiety in this respect.

However since learning about how the nervous system works, the cause of my symptoms, the role of adrenaline, tension, mental and emotional fatigue and how to stop fighting against it all I have been making great progress.

I am presently surprised at how far i have come. I thought that I would never feel like this. I just feel like a lot more confident guy than I used to be and that I can really start being myself.

Whats made a massive difference in this is getting rid of the tension I has, mostly in my chest, solar plexus, and abdoman. I feel a lot looser. Like when I am in social situations talking to people I am able to let go a lot more, I focus on dealing with myself, not tensing (mostly chest and abdoman) and floating, and I feel a lot more relaxed. A relaxed feeling is coming over me, and I feel a lot more at ease!

This is giving me hope that I can enjoy the rest of my life, whereas before I have just felt dread!

Best,

Jon

MrAndy
08-11-14, 16:35
Well done Jon,I don't believe it when people say you never really fully recover
My mother had a breakdown and is now enjoying life more than ever and 110% !

jonjones
08-11-14, 16:44
Hi Andy,

I do believe that recovery is possible also.

In her book Dr Weees said that the right inner voice is what cures us! What she meant by this was confidence. Confidence that the symptoms do not matter anymore, that our hearts can palpitate, we can sweat, shake etc but fear no longer has a hold on us. Because we have practised seeing it for what it is so many times that we no longer place our trust in fear. But now place it in our own beliefs!

Have you read Dr Weekes books?

Jon

MrAndy
08-11-14, 17:06
Hi Andy,

I do believe that recovery is possible also.

In her book Dr Weees said that the right inner voice is what cures us! What she meant by this was confidence. Confidence that the symptoms do not matter anymore, that our hearts can palpitate, we can sweat, shake etc but fear no longer has a hold on us. Because we have practised seeing it for what it is so many times that we no longer place our trust in fear. But now place it in our own beliefs!

Have you read Dr Weekes books?

Jon
Yes I've read them but I think Paul David's book is better
One thing I read on here countless times is "will I be like this forever" the answer is no full recovery is possible with hard work and patience

jonjones
08-11-14, 18:11
Hi Andy,

Yea, I definitely think its possible also. I have already came so far, and really surprised myself by doing things I thought IŽd never be able to do again that I believe I will reach the end of my journey and fully recover!

One things thats helped me a lot is developing my right inner voice or confidence. I keeping a diary and writing down my moments of success, ie the times I had anxiety yet carried on and did whatever I was doing in spite of the symptoms.

This is the key for recovery! Developing confidence so then fear loses its hold!

Jon