PDA

View Full Version : swallowing difficulties

zm1980
09-11-14, 18:14
Hello everyone, I'm new here, and just cannot stop worrying about some symptoms i've been experiencing. I was taking antibiotics and aspirin a couple of months ago and had really bad stomach cramps, then one evening an antibiotic pill got stuck in my oesophagus (or felt like it did). I went to see my gp who prescribed omeprazole which helped at first, but then I tried to stop them, my symptoms returned, so started taking them again. The cough and sore throat have almost gone, but throughout this time I've been experiencing difficulty swallowing, feeling of pressure in oesophagus when bending forward and a bit of weight loss. Although the swallowing has got a bit easier, I still have loss of appetite (but also feel like eating, if that makes sense), intermittent pains in spine when swallowing. I have a gastroscopy on 17th but am going out of my mind with worry thinking it's oesophgeal cancer. Anyone had any similar symptoms which turned out to be nothing serious?

lukeneal26
14-12-14, 20:35
I have similar thing feels like food is backed up

Worrychick
14-12-14, 23:36
Do you also feel like you need to swallow all the time and clear your throat?

Kaiserin
17-12-14, 04:56
I am having some difficulties as well, and I can't tell if it's related to anxiety or something else. I do have hypothyroidism, and unfortunately I have not always controlled it, although it *should* be right now. (I haven't had bloodwork done recently.)

Right now I have a sensation of something being stuck in my throat, sorta like a hair, and I am also having twinges in my neck on either side, very randomly. I also have some small difficulty swallowing food as well, so generally eat smaller bites.

I am only 29 years old and so scared this is all going to end up terribly. My family has a history of health issues, my dad and brother both ended up with swallowing problems, and I don't want to go down that route. :(