PDA

View Full Version : Bad night sweats last night

GirlAfraid23
09-11-14, 19:38
Now I'm in real panic mode...had some bad night sweats last night...around the same time as usual. A few hours after falling asleep. I woke up to a clammy back of the neck and chest and beads of sweaty rolling down.
This is becoming a regular occurrence now.
I am convinced it's lymphoma as the gland in my neck is still swollen.
What should I do?
I tried to calm myself into thinking the night sweats for lymphoma are normally "drenching" but my then came across a couple of personal stories online when people have been diagnosed and only had the mild kind of sweats :(

chickpea
09-11-14, 20:09
Now I'm in real panic mode...had some bad night sweats last night...around the same time as usual. A few hours after falling asleep. I woke up to a clammy back of the neck and chest and beads of sweaty rolling down.
What should I do?
I tried to calm myself into thinking the night sweats for lymphoma are normally "drenching" but my then came across a couple of personal stories online when people have been diagnosed and only had the mild kind of sweats :(

My guess is that it's happening at the same time each night because you hit a particular point in your sleep cycle, maybe to do with dreaming/REM and it's a physical reaction to whatever's going on in your brain.

I have had numerous episodes of the sort of sweats you describe over the years - I mean, literally waking up dripping in sweat on my neck and chest - and I don't have lymphoma.

MrAndy
09-11-14, 20:12
Are you taking any meds ?

eeesh
09-11-14, 21:10
What should I do?

Stop googling. But if you must: google any symptom with 'lymphoma' at the end. Knee pain and lymphoma; cystitis and lymphoma; headaches and lymphoma; heavy periods and lymphoma; acid reflux and lymphoma; red eyes and lymphoma etc etc etc.

You will find it.

In a very significant number of cases, palpable lymph nodes aren't even present upon diagnosis.

Mindknot
10-11-14, 10:49
Not sure that's going to help eeesh - If you are going to google anything google it with "anxiety" on the end!

I had this a couple of weeks ago, and I've got lumps in my neck - it's stopped now because I opened the window at night and told my brain I do not have lymphoma - if you are worrying about something perpetually which you seem to be, then your head will also be dealing with it at night, causing what is essentially a night time panic attack and what is a symptom of a panic attack? - increased sweating to cool your body down. Crack a window, kick off the duvet and don't let your brain keep reinforcing your fears.

GirlAfraid23
10-11-14, 11:20
I've got an appointment with the nurse this afternoon for my BCP so I might ask her to feel my glands too...getting myself into a state about this.

Fishmanpa
10-11-14, 12:26
I've got an appointment with the nurse this afternoon for my BCP so I might ask her to feel my glands too...getting myself into a state about this.

All the fear and posts and you "might" ask? I don't get that. ASK and get the fear quelled!

Positive thoughts

Jabberwoxx
11-11-14, 12:03
When my anxiety was at an all-time high about two years ago, I used to wake up drenched with sweat. My pyjamas and pillow would be soaked with it. So I'm guessing it might be related to the anxiety. It causes all sorts. :(