PDA

View Full Version : Does this sound like a virus or just my anxiety?

Blondiexxoo
09-11-14, 22:42
Although anxiety with food has caused a huge problem for me in the past, I've been eating normally for a while now. I get nausea from time to time but it comes and goes and usually goes away when I eat. But yesterday I was feeling nauseous all day and it also kept feeling weird in the butt area. I'm constipated quite frequently but this feels different. I woke up today feeling the same thing. I haven't thrown up or had diarrhea but few foods sound good to me right now. My stomach is growling a lot though and I don't believe that happens when you have a virus but Idk. What are your thoughts? I was struggling with my weight for the longest and finally got up to 114 and I don't want to start going back down :'(

---------- Post added at 17:42 ---------- Previous post was at 14:56 ----------

Also my stomach just feels upset, like it's doing somersaults. The past couple nights I went to bed at 5am and that could have something to do with it but I've done that in the past and I don't remember it affecting me.

I'm just trying to eat light but still eat a good amount cause I wanna maintain my weight. For breakfast, I had 2 pieces of buttered toast, an entire bowl of plain honey nut cheerios, and orange juice. For lunch, I'm about to have a PB&J with an apple and a banana. And then pasta for dinner with a popsicle and some chocolate ice cream. And some applesauce too. I hope this is enough and won't make it worse.

Do you think it's a virus, my anxiety, or the sleep schedule or maybe a combination of these? I mean just a couple days ago I was eating normally. Although I feel nauseous at times, this feels different from my normal nausea. Is it possible to get a virus without throwing up or having diarrhea? What do you think?

unspoken
10-11-14, 19:12
I think whatever the cause, you could benefit from sleeping more regular hours. I have IBS and my digestive system is very sensitive to lack of sleep. If I don't sleep enough I feel nauseous, like my face is burning up and my stomach is swirling, but it's all fixed by a good night's sleep. It sounds like you could be constipated so keep drinking lots of water and try to get an early night.

Blondiexxoo
11-11-14, 07:01
I agree, I definitely need to get on a regular sleep schedule. Unfortunately, it's not possible right now since I have a really long routine (OCD) to do every night before I go to bed.

I'm just really worried about this :( I'm eating enough to maintain my weight right now but I'm getting tired of PB&Js and pasta. I wouldn't think this is anxiety since distraction techniques don't help (like watching a movie) and when I went to bed last night, I woke up at like 10 but I was still half asleep and I remember changing positions and my stomach feeling upset. I couldn't have experienced anxiety while I'm half asleep. But I just don't know...I'm extremely worried! And if it is a virus, how long is it going to take it to get out? And will my eating return to normal? I just don't feel like myself at all. I'm extremely constipated, more so than usual and I don't even feel like eating my favorite foods. It comes and goes somewhat. Like at 10am it was bad and I woke up a few hours later and had breakfast and although I didn't feel like my normal breakfast, I seemed to be feeling better and had more of an appetite. And then it went back downhill a couple hours later.

But I feel nauseous often from my anxiety and it's a distinct feeling. I know what it feels like. This just feels different. The nausea from my anxiety can be gotten rid of by eating, I usually eat oreos to get rid of it. Now I can't even eat oreos. And why wouldn't I be able to? I've been eating them daily for a couple months now. I just keep eating light but enough to maintain my weight like buttered toast, dry cereal, fruit, PB&J, pasta, popsicles, and ice cream. I just think that if I had a virus, my body would be trying to get it out although I could be wrong. Maybe it just has to go away on its own. My mom and I went to an optometrist appt on Wednesday around 4 and it was for my glasses prescription so they had me put my face up to these machines and touch the spoon to read the letters and stuff like that. But I saw them sanitize the machines beforehand. I didn't see them sanitize the spoon though. The only other time I believe we left the house is Friday night to go to Hallmark. I didn't touch anything but there were other people in there and I could have gotten something airborne from there. Idk I'm just so worried about this. I can't stop stressing! :(

unspoken
11-11-14, 07:44
I also fear contamination so I understand your fears. I had an eye test last week and I saw them clean the machine that takes photos of eyes before I used it. I think they do clean things because it is a kind of medical test so they'd be trained in hygiene.

Are you able to see a doctor about this? I know in the US seeing a doctor isn't as simple as it is in the UK sadly. Keep drinking lots of water and try a hot water bottle to soothe your stomach. Constipation can make you feel pretty ill. Dry cereal may not be helping so make sure you keep hydrated.

Blondiexxoo
12-11-14, 06:26
I'm glad you understand. I can see a doctor but I only like to go if absolutely necessary since it's not the cleanest place to go. I've been drinking plenty of water.

I actually feel better today. Even though I had to eat them slow, I was able to eat 2 oreos! My stomach doesn't feel like it's turned upside down anymore. I'm still a little nauseous and constipated though. So it sounds like it was a virus which is getting better. So that eases my mind a little. I just hope my appetite comes fully back cause I stress about that.

I thought about something and I'm wondering if my eating/sleep schedule is making me feel constipated. I sleep from 3-4am (finally fixed that 5am schedule) to 3pm and then eat from 3:30pm-11:30pm and nothing after that. No food until the next day at 3:30pm. So I'm wondering if that's making me constipated?