PDA

View Full Version : I want your contributions

cpe1978
09-11-14, 21:23
Hi All,

I posted a little while ago with an idea for a blog where I wanted to focus on members' stories of recovery, at whatever stage they are at. I think that reading people's stories was the single thing that helped me the most on my way to feeling better to I want to create somewhere where anyone can either tell their story, or alternatively make a contribution with an article of any sort.

This will only work if people help - I don't want this to just be about me rambling on, or recycling other people's work. This is about turning the theory into practice and you all showing what progress is possible.

I have uploaded some quick content to get it live, but needs some refinement, but have been mad busy at work this last week or so. Feel free to take a look, critique the concept but most importantly email me on:

Healthanxietyrecovery@outlook.com.

The site can be found here: http://healthanxietyrecovery.wordpress.com

Many thanks,

Chris

Primula
09-11-14, 22:43
Great idea, will email you as soon as I get a quiet moment over the next week.:)

Mondie
09-11-14, 22:50
Me too!

wnsos
09-11-14, 22:54
Me three. :D

cpe1978
09-11-14, 23:02
Great - email me and I will upload. If you are happy to use your first name or a nickname let me know so I can label the stories.

luc
10-11-14, 06:57
me four :)

Pipkin
10-11-14, 07:16
Chris,

Is it just health anxiety stories you want? I'd happily contribute but I'm a GAD sufferer.

Pip

cpe1978
10-11-14, 08:02
Hi Pip

Hadn't really though that through tbh. My inclination is to keep it focused on what I know and have experienced as it is the only thing I feel qualified to comment on. Let's see a) how it goes and b) whether anyone ultimately reads it and then I will have a think about widening the scope.

Pipkin
10-11-14, 19:02
Hi Pip

Hadn't really though that through tbh. My inclination is to keep it focused on what I know and have experienced as it is the only thing I feel qualified to comment on. Let's see a) how it goes and b) whether anyone ultimately reads it and then I will have a think about widening the scope.

Fair enough. What you'll find is that us GAD sufferers worry about everything, including health issues so they'll be some crossover.

Let me know if you would like a contribution and I'll enlighten you with stories such as thinking I had a red blood cell deficiency as my skin was turning blue (it turned out to be the dye from my new duvet cover), worrying that my dog looked like Adolf Hitler and that my car had turned purple. That's not including the time I visited a friend in hospital and ended up in the bed next door due to hyperventilating during a panic attack. I got all the sympathy while he was lying there in excruciating pain after a serious operation. And I'm not joking. I can laugh now but I was nearly hysterical at the time. Anxiety can play cruel tricks on your mind...

This has been going on for nearly 40 years but luckily, things are much better these days.

Take care and good luck with the blog.

Pip 😁