PDA

View Full Version : Sunday night anxiety

swgrl09
10-11-14, 00:13
I always get anxious on Sunday night before the work week starts ... even over nothing/little things. I am trying to stay busy and focus on studying, reading, etc. Still struggling and never sleep well on Sundays.

Anybody relate?

NE21 worrier
10-11-14, 01:03
I would suggest that this is really common, yes. It's the crushing thought of a whole new week again - all the 'what if's start building back up again. I try to relax as best I can on a Sunday night by having little or nothing planned and just watching some tv or a film. Tonight I watched Goodbye Lenin! in commemoration of 25 years since the fall of the Berlin Wall ('Mauerfall') which I was too young to remember but still seems remarkable now.

Meanwhile, here is a bit of Dr Claire Weekes on Youtube on anticipatory anxiety:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XC8S_T3tGE

swgrl09
10-11-14, 01:31
That sounds like a really interesting program, wonder if they have it airing over here.

Yeah, it's definitely the anticipatory anxiety. I mean even if I have something stressful coming up, it's never as bad once I get past Monday. I am trying to just relax in front of the TV too.

Thanks for the video, it was reassuring :)

unspoken
10-11-14, 09:39
I have this too. I had it at school and I got it as a student, even at a point where I had no lectures on a Monday. Here there are laws requiring most shops to close early on Sundays and it feels like everything just shuts down and everyone's waiting in dread for life to start again on Monday morning.

I deal with it by planning things on Sundays and trying to spend time outside. I try to plan to do less on Saturdays and more on Sundays as fresh air and exercise help me to sleep. Go for a walk somewhere. Try and get your chores done on Saturday or on Sunday morning so Sunday evening is free to relax and feels like any other evening.