PDA

View Full Version : Thought I had this beaten! Now something new :-(

Skkyee
10-11-14, 01:01
Muscle twitching.... The base of my left index finger has been twitching on and off for 24 hours. I am in full panic mode because i looked it up on google. I have no other symptoms, no weakness, nothing.... I have read the excellent post somewhere on here that explains that the onset of als does not present with twitching but with weakness.... But my head isn't listening.... I can't sleep, I'm in full panic mode. Why???? My rational mind says everything is fine.... My anxiety brain says PANIC!!! It's ages since this last happened :-(( I spent all last week in paris walking walking walking and busy just and I have been 100% and now this :-( FED UP!!

:-(

Sorry for the rant....

Fishmanpa
10-11-14, 01:10
*&!#^ happens. You obviously have a handle on the dragon so don't let a little fire belch spoil your progress. I don't even deal with HA and every now and again I get a twitch in some body part that's annoying as hell but eh... it is what it is right? ;)

Positive thoughts

Skkyee
10-11-14, 01:15
Thanks, you sound chilled, how I would have sounded yesterday and will hopefully sound tomorrow!!:unsure:

Skkyee
10-11-14, 07:49
Nope... Just as bad... The second I wake up! Maybe it's time to involve the Dr :-( hate drs.

---------- Post added at 07:49 ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 ----------

So annoyed I ever consulted Dr Google.... As if I don't know better by now!

chickpea
10-11-14, 09:15
I recently read that one feature of people who suffer from HA is believing that being "healthy" means you don't experince any physical sensations or symptoms.

A muscle twitching is not unusual for anyone.
There's no need to involve a doctor. Ignore the muscle and it will relax and stop twitching.

Skkyee
10-11-14, 10:10
Thank you! Im fighting it!! ... u know how it is :shrug:

I wasnt really thinking the twitch needed drs attention, its irritating and its even more irritating that its aggrivating the HA. Im wondering if the HA in general needs drs assistance... maybe. I havent been to the drs with it in over 8 years! ... i will continue to fight and see how i get on!

C'mon rational brain!!

chickpea
10-11-14, 10:32
Don't fight it - just has suggests it's real and worth your energy.
Let it go. Carry on with your life, without engaging with it.

Skkyee
10-11-14, 11:41
Thank you :-) I will try to look at it that way!