PDA

View Full Version : down again

Hemps
10-11-14, 17:38
Why do I constantly have ups and downs with my anxiety? I feel absolutely terrible, so sick, sore stomach, wanting to go toliet all the time.

I am feeling really unsettled about finishing my polytechnic course and now doing nothing. I wanted to get a job, but there aren't any around. I have been on effexor for over a year. If I go up to high in dosage I feel horrible.

I just don't know what to do. I am trying to wean of diazepam and zoplicone but at the moment all I feel is that I want to take more diazepam to get rid of this feeling.

I am sick of the ups and downs. Why can't I get control of this?

KK77
10-11-14, 19:26
Sounds like a classic blip but doesn't make it any easier. What dose of Ven are you on? Did this start around same time as reducing diazepam and zopiclone? Maybe you shouldn't try to wean down any further till you're over this.

I would also look at talking therapies. I know you want quick answer right now but it does make it easier to control your anxiety long-term. Hope you feel better soon.

Hemps
10-11-14, 20:36
I am on 150 mg but if go up too high it makes me feel horrible. I have been weaning for ages. Feeling pressure from doctors to get off sleeping pills and anti anxiety pills as well.

KK77
10-11-14, 21:00
Maybe try going up only another 37.5mg? Sometimes makes a difference.

Hemps
10-11-14, 22:08
Unfortunately I tried that. Made me feel horrible. I do see a physcologists once a month. She doesn't seem to help much.

KK77
11-11-14, 01:17
Well, you say you feel terrible now so will it be much worse? You will adjust to it after a while. Your choice but I'm sure you know how it is with these meds: sometimes it has to get worse before it gets better. Good luck anyway.

Hemps
11-11-14, 08:02
You might be right. I am hoping things will just settle down. Does anyone ever get complete recovery from the antidepressants?

Hemps
21-12-14, 21:24
Doctor suggested I try upping my dosage by 37.5 mg again. Now on 187.5 mg. Six weeks into increase when I get up I start dry retching, feel really sick all the time and really really tired especially in the morning. Eases up a bit late evening.

I just don't feel normal. I am meant to be seeing pscyharist (sorry spelling awful) but waiting for appointment.

Is this normal? Has anyone experienced this before?