PDA

View Full Version : Bloods fine. Now I think its neurological

John_Daryl
10-11-14, 18:15
I had blood tests to see what was causing my twitching.

These blood tests came back fine ( I rang up they said they're ok, but apparently the doctor wants me to come in as it said "review" over my name... it confused the receptionist too).

Now I think that because nothing in my bloods were causing it, the cause of my twitching will be down to neurological reasons.

I have an appointment Friday and I'm really worried.

wnsos
10-11-14, 20:10
Your twitching is likely anxiety. I get twitches too but they're not my triggers so I barely think twice, wish it was that easy with my triggers! Try not to worry too much though, the more worry the more twitches.

KayeS
11-11-14, 01:43
Hopefully this will put your mind at ease. After having constant twitching in my left eyelid for the last few months, which actually seems to be triggered by me chewing or swallowing, and then developing constant twitching all over like the way you described, PLUS being told by an ophthalmologist that my optic discs were enlarged, I was absolutely convinced I had a brain tumour. As in, 100% convinced. I had an MRI scan which came back normal.

THEN I convinced myself I therefore had a neurological disease. Again, I was literally 100% convinced. I didn't understand how it could be anything else, as, like you, my blood tests came back normal, so it had to be neurological right?

Well, I had an EMG test today which not only came back completely normal, but I was told it was ATHLETE normal lol. Which pretty much rules out neurological illness.

It's so easy to convince ourselves we have the worst possible things. I've done it so many times in the past. But I hope that what I've told you at least puts your mind at ease for now. I am sure your tests will come back fine.

John_Daryl
11-11-14, 08:36
Yes mine started in my left arm and within a month itnwas happening everywhere in my body

---------- Post added at 08:36 ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 ----------

As I realised it was there it spread like wildfire to my legs and to my back, face and both sides of my body

KayeS
11-11-14, 13:52
Yep, sounds exactly like mine dude. I'm angry with myself right now that I wasted so much time being anxious and it turned out to be nothing. If I don't think about it, I don't notice it. As soon as I think about it, I'm twitching all over. I'm a personal trainer, I eat and live healthy, but still have constant health anxiety. It's a real bitch but hopefully my experience, which is extremely similar to yours, can help you get some perspective. If it was anything serious your symptoms would be a lot worse, and actually debilitating.

cmclarke
11-11-14, 16:41
I had body wide twitching 10 years ago started in my arm.. I thought I was dying of a neurological disease for 3 months, and it was stress/anxiety. when you are anxious you become hyper aware and "amped up".

Benign Fasiculation syndrome was my diagnosis. What I was told was that there has to be PROFOUND weakness first. The doctors can measure that. Please try to stay calm.[COLOR="blue"]