PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody elses partner not understand its a phobia?

gossygirl42
10-11-14, 22:04
My Emetophobia has flared up again due to the time of year and hearing various people have had tummy bugs. My husband is not understanding at all and has never accepted it's a phobia and I can't control how it makes me feel and act. This makes me so sad, you'd think he'd know me after 16 years x

Rocky112
11-11-14, 09:37
Sorry to hear :( to most people it is just a trivial thing, something natural that our bodies do. They don't understand that we can be afraid of something natural I think. I'm guessing you've told him it's a phobia...what does he say about it? Xxx

gossygirl42
11-11-14, 10:50
He thinks I should just pull myself together and get on with it. If a family member is ill then I should be able to just deal with it.. I can't see that's going to happen any time soon. Thanks for your reply :) xx

GingerFish
07-04-15, 12:14
My bf understands I have had this phobia all my life and its deep rooted in me but he doesn't understand just how much it affects my daily life. He doesn't understand that I can't eat because of it sometimes or that if I feel sick, I have to stop what I am doing, I can't power on like him.

He is ok with puking so I think its hard for him to understand just exactly how terrified I am and how it really does get to me every single day but he tries his best. With panic attacks in general, he is great with me but the phobia of puking is one thing he just doesn't fully get.