PDA

View Full Version : Heart Concern - 25

ChrisW
11-11-14, 01:28
With an extensive history of heart issues in the family, I thought maybe I should get checked out when I started feeling dizzy at work etc..

With BP monitor, my heart rate was 38, resting. I'm 6ft and around 13.5 stone, don't exercise so found this abit concerning. GP put me down for an ECG and FBC, which was due 19th Nov.

Over the weekend I was out, then found collapsed.

Taken to hospital where they did serveral ECG's and told me they were keeping me overnight to monitor me, as my resting heart was between 120-130. Eventually after some IV fluids this gradually dropped to a rate of around 85 so they let me go home, but in my discharge note, stated an urgent need for a 5 day heart tape and an Echogram.

It also stated my QT's were at 595 for prolonged periods but was at 434 when released.
I've been on Citalopram for around a year which I do plan on stopping.
Can anyone shed any info on this for me at all.?

Thanks.

Amylee1982
11-11-14, 16:14
What heart issues are in your family if you dont mind me asking. I would suggest obviously speaking to the doc or cardio about this we are not doctors so wouldnt want to say anything wrong. If your worried ring the gp and ask them to explain this for you as you unsure whats going on.

When is your monitor? Please keep us posted x

---------- Post added at 16:14 ---------- Previous post was at 16:13 ----------

Sorry also was a FBC x