PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

Pebble
03-01-07, 18:47
Hi all,

I am not sure if I already posted on here or not because I think I've been a member a while. I've had agoraphobia on and off for years now.

I have had better years where I was travelling all over the country pretty much normal and then worse years where I hardly went out the house. At one point I was housebound for 2 years. At the moment I can go out locally maybe 10-15 miles ish at the moment so I can get out and about a bit do some shopping etc.

My main part of the agoraphobia is emetophobia - fear of being sick and I generally find it hard to accept feeling ill - either nausea, stomach ache, dizziness stuff like that mainly when I am away from home because it feels rough and I feel like I want to escape to lie down on the comfort of my bed. I don't generally get panic attacks, I have a more general level of anxiety which goes up and down.

I've also had OCD, quite bad at one point, but that's pretty much gone now. I found it a lot easier to accept the annoying thoughts in my head than to accept the feelings in my body.

At the moment I am starting to go out again locally and working on it with my Claire Weekes book, in fact I am about to make a post about that over in the Therapies forum if you want a read!.

Hope you are all having a better day.

Pebs.
x

henri
03-01-07, 19:22
Hi Pebble,

Welcome to the forum! You sound like you are taking active steps to beat your fears, which is great. I hope you find lots of comfort and friends through this site,

Henri x

kittykat
03-01-07, 21:06
Hi Pebble,

Welcome to the site hun, you'll find it a great help.

Take care xx

manmoor
03-01-07, 22:58
Hi Pebs,

A big warm welcome to you.

Take Care

Mandyxx

groovygranny
03-01-07, 23:23
Hello there! :)

lotsa luv

GG [:P]

xx

'There are no such things as strangers; just friends we haven't made yet!'

wobily_lin
04-01-07, 03:42
elo Pebble

A big welcome to the site..i'm sure u'll feel right at home here so put ye feet up n chill..glad ta hav ya on board..

Take care,

Lin.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Pebble
04-01-07, 09:58
Thanks all for your kind comments!

Kind Regards,
Pebble.

nomorepanic
04-01-07, 19:06
Hi Pebs

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

honeybee3939
04-01-07, 19:34
Hi Pebble

And a BIG warm welcome to you, lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice here while making new friends on the way.

First Steps:
First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

Love

Andrea
xxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"