PDA

View Full Version : Back again.

Samster
11-11-14, 11:27
Hello everyone.

I am back again after a fairly long (few week) break.

I'll let you know my story and then why I'm back again.

I have had a few incidents over the years that lasted seconds where I had a sharp pain in my chest. Got zoned out and had to cope with it.

Then on the 16th of August this year I had my first panic attack. First precipitated by a ringing in the ear. Severe head pain in one spot. and chest tightness I felt completely off it and had to leave my desk at work and went to a and e. I got blood sugars done ECG and blood pressure. I had a slightly raised temperature and that was all wrong. Admittedly for a while after that I felt off it. But come about 1st of September. I was back to myself "completely". Fast forward to the 21st of September and I started to feel "off" I had a severely stiff neck and felt like I was bobbing side to side as I took each step. This was along with the constant "feeling I'm about to have a panic attack" as I told a friend. Then on the 27th of September I was at work and begun to have this off feeling worse. I sat through my shit despite feeling awful and went to A & E for the out of hours GP. While waiting for the out of hours GP I begun to get worse. Freezing hands. Tingling. I went to go to the bathroom and came back to my mother clutching my heart saying "WE NEED TO DO SOMETHING NOW" and just as I did this the out of hours GP called me in. I went into his office and while waiting for him to talk to me it got alot worse. I had tingling all over my body and was laid on the floor begging my mother to do something. The doctor came back did my bloods etc. and admitted me to the hospital despite it all being normal. While waiting I was completely zoned out. Anyway I then mustered up the courage to leave (5 hours wait was a bit ridiculous). And I then went to my now ex-girlfriends house. That night I had severe night sweats and was up all night. I was sat with a blank stare the following day which was spent completely on the sofa. The following weekday I went to my GP who said it was probably Viral Labrinthitus. And ordered a Chest Xray for my chronic shortness of breath. And FBC Urea and a few other blood tests. They all came back fine and normal. Now I am here a month and two weeks later and I have lingering symptoms.

I constantly feel zoned out and have extreme difficulty concentrating.
I have problems with vision.
I still feel like I'm "bobbing when I walk".

I did get diagnosed with Agoraphobia and have been doing CBT (one session so far) to help it.

The problem is that even when at home or doing mundane tasks around the house the problems are still there. It feels to me like health anxiety as I worry about EVERY feeling or pain or sensation. And this is stopping them from shifting.

I just wondered is there any way that you could recommend to help me shift the symptoms and the brain fog so I can feel myself again.

Thanks

Sam

Few stats:
18 years old
Picked up smoking again because of this.
Normally healthy 40+ miles on a bicycle
Normally very intelligent and happy.

Completely hopeless now.