PDA

View Full Version : Bad night sweat last night and now hot flushes today :(

GirlAfraid23
11-11-14, 18:34
Me again...so I had very bad night sweats last night - the worst by far.
Fell asleep around 11pm. Woke up at around 2am soaked in sweat, my chest and back of my neck were soaked. So much so that the collar of my pyjama top was wet and cold. My legs also felt damp and cold. I got up in a panic and immediately had chills everywhere.
I was in such a mess I didn't get back to sleep until 4am and was up at 6am for work. I'm very concerned this will happen again tonight.

Anyway, today has been bad too, this evening I've had a very hot face, feeling like it's burning but my body is cold with chills. My legs feel shaky and like jelly. I feel weak and fatigued. I still have the hot face and chest and it's very obvious because it looks red around my nose and my chest area.
I'm anxious that yesterday's abnormally high blood pressure reading has something to do with this.
I don't know what's going on with me at the moment.
I have doubled up my pill packet this month so as not to have a period and I don't do this very often, but I was having the night sweats and strange symptoms before that.
Obviously that may not have helped.
My heart rate feels quite high tonight, I can feel it beating in my chest and fingers. I feel a bit dizzy and nauseous too.

Should I go to A&E or call the 111 line?
I'm due to go into work tomorrow and have an important meeting on Friday that I can't miss. Help! :( I really don't feel like myself.

Fishmanpa
11-11-14, 18:37
I have doubled up my pill packet this month so as not to have a period and I don't do this very often, but I was having the night sweats and strange symptoms before that.

Did I read that right?... You took double the amount of your birth control so you wouldn't have your period?

Positive and confused thoughts

GirlAfraid23
11-11-14, 18:39
Did I read that right?... You took double the amount of your birth control so you wouldn't have your period?

Positive and confused thoughts

No, I backed them up (didn't have my seven day break basically) which you can do up to three months apparently.

Female healthanxiety
11-11-14, 18:40
Hello!

I don't know of this will reassure you but my partner (32) has this every night.

I wake up thinking in sweating, but it's just his sweat!

Might sound a silly question but do you drive? I found that I used to get really got face and days every year and I real air it's because ones say in traffic for an hour commute everyday with the car heaters on.

Or even still, the heating may be contributing.

The pill gave me awful side effects and I can't think what I would have been like doubling them up- it maybe the hormones playing a part, namely Progesterone, which is the Male hormone in the tablets.

You are working and this is why you are anxious and your heart rate is fast at the moment (just like mine).

Xxx

Fishmanpa
11-11-14, 19:02
I don't know if you saw my post to you concerning night sweats. I had cancer. I had them. What you describe is not the kind of night sweats to be concerned with. It sounds normal, seasonal, hormonal and anxiety related.

You've had many replies on the subject but reassurance isn't working nor does it ever really work so it's up to you to decide whether to continue the spiral or find a way to quell it.

Positive thoughts

chickpea
11-11-14, 19:56
It might even be that you're coming down with a bug - cold, flu - and are running a temperature. That would explain your heart rate, hot flushes, sweats, chills etc.

Or it could just be anxiety.

Maybe go back and re-read the responses to your other post - you don't seem to be taking them onboard.

GirlAfraid23
11-11-14, 22:27
Now I'm scared to go to sleep tonight :(