PDA

View Full Version : Stops, starts, argh!

puzzledlass
11-11-14, 22:03
tis the pattern of my HA. Also the pattern of the rectal bleeding I've experienced off and on this year. Went weeks without an episode and yesterday and today my stomach was playing up and I had blood on paper again.

I went to the doc and said it happened again and that I was having real trouble getting it out of my mind as it goes and then returns. She has referred me to the public health gastro BUT there is a chance I might not be accepted for a consult as my FOBT and CBC were fine. If I do get accepted I will be low priority and waiting for months. Oddly enough, not that concerned about waiting months I just want to be checked out and if it takes that long so be it. I'm just hoping they do see me.

It could be hemms, it could be a fissure, in my mind it could also be bowel cancer.

Beckie4567
11-11-14, 22:30
If there not referring u urgently that's a positive sign x

wnsos
11-11-14, 22:37
It's a really good sign if your FOBTs were clear, but I know how difficult it is to let that sink in. When I was in the middle of doing what I shouldn't and googling the bowel thing we're both worried about, I read a story by somebody that had BC and he said that the FOBTs were a good indicator (iirc) so if you had none in there, it's probs just fissures and hemmies.