PDA

View Full Version : A hug for you all x

lily1
11-11-14, 23:02
I just want to send out a hug for everyone on this forum that is suffering. I know the intense fear, anxiety and the compulsion to check and the constant 24/7 worry in our minds.

No one outside understands the sheer terror we feel including our GP's.

I have got to the point where HA is destroying my life and happiness to the point where I don't care any more what will be will be. I just can't do 'this' anymore.

My main problem is the internet, I can get information about my particular worry and this fuels my anxiety.

I feel for you all and reading some of your posts is exactly how I feelx

chickpea
11-11-14, 23:08
I know you are in a bad place right now, Lily, but from now on, you're going to get better - because you've said, "what will be, will be", which is a sign that you've given up the struggle. This is the first step towards acceptance - don't fight and it WILL get better, I promise.
You don't need to do anything - just sit with whatever symptoms you have and watch them fade.

You are lovely to offer support and kindness when you're feeling so bad.xxx

lily1
11-11-14, 23:16
Thank youxxx

I hope so as I am 40 now and this particular worry has taken 3 years of my life so far.

I just read people's posts and feel for them especially the ones that have the same fears as me. I just wish there was a pill we could all take that makes all the worry disappear :)

luc
12-11-14, 08:36
Hi Lilly, Great advice from chickpea. As u know I was in exactly the same way and had got to a very dark place. You really can get better but unfortunately there is no magic pill. I really feel for you !! Please take a step back and treat it like a project. Research the advice posts i.e. the positive posts. Look at the common elements, write a last, make a plan - do what ever you have to. At this moment you might think "I can't do all that I just have to get this mammogram thing out of the way", but believe me there will always be something that is why recovery has to run along side your current worry. Have to go to work now so I hope this garbled response makes sense. Talk later Lucia xx

Primula
12-11-14, 12:58
Hear hear Luc. Hi Lily, you can get better, it will take time, bit it can be done. Read get a plan and get on it, on the stickys at the top of the page.

Petesy
12-11-14, 13:00
Hi lily

I hear you loud and clear on this, i'm 31 and I've been suffering for 13 years now, and word for word what you have just wrote is exactly how I feel, awaiting cbt on the 18th of this month hopefully grasp this and put it to bed, but the way my g.p looks at me and talks to me when I'm telling him the way I feel it's like "oh don't worry peter you'll be fine it's just your anxiety" boils my blood because in my head when I go back to an appointment I just think they put everything down to anxiety "labeled",

Sorry if I just blabbered on their i hope you're feeling better and it's good to get things out there cause I totally relate to all of it as I'm sure the rest of us can.

Take care lily

Petesy x :bighug1:

Magic
12-11-14, 13:26
Thank you for the hug lily x

Abarth
12-11-14, 23:06
Right back atcha!! Xxx