PDA

View Full Version : Heart rate in the 90s - high blood pressure

GirlAfraid23
12-11-14, 10:10
My heart rate is in the 90s today - I just took my pulse rate. This is rather worrying. Last night when I was trying to fall asleep I could feel my heart pounding. I didn't get off until about 3am. Meaning I got around 3 hours sleep :( I called into work sick today as I just felt so awful.

I'm really considering going to A&E today.

julia22
12-11-14, 10:42
Hi Sorry your feeling aweful. My pulse was up over 100 last week as I was worrying about things. I went to the doctor today and it was 71 a huge change due to me trying very hard not to worry. Anxiety can do this raise your blood pressure and your pulse. A pulse rate in the 90's is not that bad if your suffering from lack of sleep and anxiety. Try and sit for half an hour and take it again but try not to keep taking it every few minutes as I was it makes you more anxious.

Mindknot
12-11-14, 11:02
Your heart rate goes up much higher than that when exercising, so it's not a problem - it will go down if you stop worrying about it - mine got well over a 100 when I had it checked at the GPs during my panic months.

As you have the day off, get some sleep, read a book, write lists, eat lots... do anything to take your mind away from where it is for a bit, then maybe check it again when you've calmed down. And read this: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/panicattack
A&E won't help, it will probably stress you out more, try and get in to see your GP instead, they may prescribe you some diazepam or something to calm you down and help you sleep.