PDA

View Full Version : Getting off escitalopram, headaches

matrix123
12-11-14, 13:54
Hello,
I've been suffering from anxiety from more than 3 years and have been on medication since 2.5 years.

I started with 20mg Escitalopram + 1mg Xanax and gradually reduced to 10mg Escitalopram and 0.25 mg Xanax. Then about 2 months ago I did of Xanax, without much trouble. Now I'm trying to get off Escitalopram as well. I have started to take 10mg once in two days, but the last 3 days didn't take anything.

As expected I'm feeling anxious, but what worries me more is that the last 4-5 days I have woken up with headache and last two days with nausea as well (as many of you know, morning headache + nausea = BT). Probably it's a coincidence and doesn't have to do with getting off Escitalopram, but I would like to ask if headaches can be one of the side effects of it?

Thank you

matrix123
17-11-14, 08:29
Anyone pls?

chickpea
17-11-14, 08:59
I was on Citalopram for a year some years ago.
I got brain zaps when coming off it and brain fog, which lasted quite a few weeks.

Nausea in the morning is really common for me when I'm anxious. Your headache is probably stress-related too. Drink plenty of water and try to ignore the symptoms and get on with your day.

Dazza123
17-11-14, 08:59
What does BT mean Matrix?

I have had headaches in the past when coming off meds, and Im sure sickness can also be a side effect. In fact there can be many side effects when coming off long term antidepressants.

matrix123
17-11-14, 09:01
Thank you chickpea...

BT is the scary Brain Tumor Dazza :(