PDA

View Full Version : MEDICATION HAS WORN OFF

chatlat
03-01-07, 21:18
Hi guys I am new to this and was wondering if anyone could throw some light onto the following concern:
I have been a sufferer of OCD (obsessional thoughts) and depression for several years and through CBT and medication-prozac, I have managed to overcome the obsessions and to an extent the depression. I would say i am a happy go lucky person in life.
I would usually experience a tingling sensation on the left side of my head which would indicate an episode of ocd followed by depression. This would usually last a few days and once the tingling sensations would re appear, my moods would lift. Recently, I had experienced the same pattern however the tingling sensations have remained and my mood has since deteriated. I have since visited my GP and expressed my concerns that prozac was not having the same effect as before and could not understand why i was continuing to experience the tingling sensations, he didn't know the answer and suggested to try citralpram.
I am currently taking this and know I have to give it time to work. What concerns me is that I am still experiencing the tingling sensations and I am worried as to why the previous medication i was on, is no longer working. I also worry that my health will deteriate as I get older.[?]

nomorepanic
04-01-07, 21:17
I am sure that over time you get immune to meds.

The tingling is very common with anxiety though and meds can't cure ALL the symptoms so that is probably why you are getting it again.

Prozac did nothing for the panic and anxiety for me - just lifted the depression.

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel