PDA

View Full Version : Having Such a Hard Time

Canbud
12-11-14, 21:10
Just a bit of background: had my yearly physical with mammo, blood test, urine sample etc.

mammo and blood fine, urine sample came back with blood. booked for an ultrasound and appt with a urologist.

doctor also checked the sk's I have on my back (seborrheic keratoses; have had them for years) and she decides she wants one biopsied, just to be cautious.

So I'm already a mess with the stupid urine thing,and today I get a call from the surgeon to meet on the 18th for a "consultation" re the biopsy. The nurse wants me to provide a list of all meds and everyone in my family who've had cancer. All standard operating procedure, I know, but it still unnerves me.

Now I have to reschedule my psychiatrist appt which was on that day--and it's him I need to see the most!

I asked him to phone me back tomorrow. He's a real sweetie and I know he will.

The stress of this is totally wrecking me. It's bringing back memories of when I was diagnosed with Hodgkins Lymphoma. Thank god I have the lorazepam.

SADnomore
13-11-14, 05:00
Aw, I'm sorry to hear you now have yet more stress, honey. Thankfully, the 18th is next Tuesday. Your seborrheic keratoses are, by definition, non-cancerous, am I right? Maybe the surgeon would like to discuss the option of cosmetic removal of the keratoses with you? Have any of your other doctors brought that option up before? It could just be something he wants to make you aware of. :)

By then hopefully you will have the results back from the second urine test? I tried to post on your other thread earlier (laptop decided to download updates and I lost my post :mad:), because I saw something from someone here, not sure if that was also part of one of your threads? Anyway, she said that she always gets these follow-up calls re: microscopic blood in urine, but they have never come to anything. She's fine, year after year. I was reminded that I already did have a similar urine test result myself, more than 2 years ago when I was seeing another doctor! She only visits her office once or twice a month (naturopath from out of town), so she suggested that I go see my regular gp for a re-test. I promptly forgot about it, and as I say that was over 2 years ago ... I want to say that if it was anything serious, I think I would have had more symptoms by now? I'll bet there are other folks for whom it turned out to be a non-issue, really.

So, fingers crossed, there's every reason to imagine that it is simply a benign quirk for us as well! :hugs:
Marie

Canbud
13-11-14, 15:13
thanks Marie--you're just what the doctor ordered.

The reason my family doc wanted the SK removed is because that particular one tended to make her nervous, and finally she just wasn't sure about it so she wanted it off just in case. I had the option of going to a derm (and wait a year for an appt :scared15: ) or go to a local surgeon and have it removed.

I'm like 98% sure it's ok, but it's the remaining 2% that has me nervous!

So you've had the microscopic urine as well? Sounds like many women do. I always figure I'm in that rare minority for whom it's something nasty. Gotta stop thinking like that. :doh:

Anyway, thanks again for responding to my post. I really appreciate it. :hugs:

paul78
13-11-14, 15:22
Hello canbud i have nothing to say about it becouse i had naver heard about this disese but i will pray for you.i will wait for ur next post on next 18 nov.

Canbud
13-11-14, 15:37
thank you paul. :)